ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Renault Adiction

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
had a day off today so was sorting through all my old pictures and organising them a bit better (as you do on a s**t rainy day off!) and realised I think I have a bit of a problem.

it began in 2004 at 16 and a half years old when I bought a standard 1.2 16v clio, it later ended up like this...
6g8s.jpg

decent coilovers, uprated brakes and good tyres, it learned me more about driving than any car ive owned as it didn't have the power to bite me but had the balance to help me learn!, set me up perfectly after 6 months driving it , a few months before my 18th birthday I bought this...
erqx.jpg

ph2 172, just coming up for 3yrs old at the time, 21k miles I payed top end for it at £8200, but it was perfect, I kept that for 2 years, still the longest ive kept any car and it went though various spec's but in the end ended up at 188bhp/160lb/ft and it went bloddy well!!

I took the 172 off the road at winter to do a bit of work and save it getting bumped in the snow and picked this bad boy up for peanuts with 150k miles on the clock...
trrx.jpg

1.5 dci65 done mega mpg! of course being 18/19 at the time the first thing I done was through a set of -60mm apex springs on it lol!

Work then moved me and I had a 60 mile a day trip and didn't want to put all those miles and fuel in my car so I sold the 172, sold the dci 65 and purchased this...
q9xz.jpg

a dci100, it instantly got powertune Scotland software on it for 130bhp/190lb/ft, Koni dampers, Eibach springs, uprated discs and pads, done about 30k hard remapped miles in it and it never let me down once.

got the itch so kept the DCI100 for work and bought this as a toy...
g86k.jpg

it was pretty clean but I got all OCD on it and was pouring LOADS into it, kept it for about a year, enjoyed every minute of it but sold it before I went overboard and bankrupt myself with it!

decided I fancied something new and diesel so ordered this...
qfxd.jpg

GT DCi106 with all the good options ticked, was a really nice bus, it went in for its first service at 18k though and I saw this and had to have it...
6qe7.jpg

its well documented on here what happened with this car, 2500 miles, 2 months old it shat its engine, Arnold clark made a c**t of fixing it, Renault UK were useless, 10 months later after only 12k miles I couldn't take it anymore and had to trade it in at a massive loss to myself. Would I have another one, in a heartbeat, when they work they work very well but this one was a lemon. anyway because I had lost so much I needed something cheap but from a dealers so I could trade in with the finance etc etc, this popped up and I had always fancied one but never had an excuse for one!...
j5e7.jpg

AP coilovers, spacers, uprated brakes, decat, Fastchip map, 120bhp/145lb/ft - what a bloody giggle!, a mate crashed his Civic and needed a car ASAP, I had been taking about maby changing and he offered me a good offer on the twingo so away it went, at the same time a mate had a shed of a 172 he was looking to sell as it was costing him cash, it was a straight clean shell that had been neglected mechanically... ideal!
yx7m.jpg

as with the black ph1, I went mental on it started going all OCD and spending thousands so away it went, sold it to my best mate, ive got a feeling ill own it again lol! anyway fancied another Twingo TCE for a bit of modding fun again, not had it that long so still not done much to it!... the controversial one!....
t3sx.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I've owned a flame red 172, black 182, Naples 16v, Monaco 172, white 197 cup, 172 exclusive and 2 x 172 cups.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There is something wrong with you, you should really go and see someone about it. ;)

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Liking this thread alot, always interesting to see a persons car history - you're clearly a Renault fan!!

I might do a thread myself of my old cars - you guys would laugh like mad at some of the abortions I created!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
So after all those cars the bottom twingo is now your go to car?
yeah soon to be 172 injectors, fastchip stage 2 etc etc before probably selling it to buy something else lol I get easily bored

Impressive. I have only owned one Renault.
one is quite enough though haha!

There is something wrong with you, you should really go and see someone about it. ;)
everyone keeps telling me this, not sure what it is, I just hate change lol

Liking this thread alot, always interesting to see a persons car history - you're clearly a Renault fan!!

I might do a thread myself of my old cars - you guys would laugh like mad at some of the abortions I created!
yeah I like to see stuff like this too, get yourself a thread up!

Nice history! I love that black ph1.

cheers it was immaculate!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Impressive, although when I think about it I've had

1 x 182 with cup packs
1 x 182 cup
1 x 172 ph2
1 x 197 r27
1 x 197

Dont know how that happened!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Very odd, you don't seem to upgrade either, almost backwards!

I've had ph1 1.2, ph2 1.2 and ph2 172, next is a 197 I hope. I'm only 19 so also easily get bored.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Very odd, you don't seem to upgrade either, almost backwards!

I've had ph1 1.2, ph2 1.2 and ph2 172, next is a 197 I hope. I'm only 19 so also easily get bored.
depends what you consider an upgrade and a downgrade though, imo the only time I downgraded was when I went from the 200 to the twingo GT as I had to due to it being such a shed and I had 3k neg equity due to the short time I had it so I had to take a 12 month loan for the 3k neg and the 4k for the twingo to get myself back to being debt free, and promised myself no more debt for cars!!

but other people would see ph2 to ph1 172 a downgrade where others would see it an upgrade, or some would see £1000 11yr old 172 to £6000 2yr old twingo a downgrade where others see it an upgrade!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Wasnt an offensive statement btw. But what I meant was also value of car at the time you owned it, like the 8k+ 172 to a 2k(?) ph1 172

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ahh right yeah, the ph1 was just a toy had the dci100 and then GT DCi106 at the same time as it as my daily, couldn't be bothered with the hastle of 2 cars now lol

SSN11

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
yx7m.jpg

as with the black ph1, I went mental on it started going all OCD and spending thousands so away it went, sold it to my best mate, ive got a feeling ill own it again lol! anyway fancied another Twingo TCE for a bit of modding fun again, not had it that long so still not done much to it!... the controversial one!....
[/QUOTE]

sold it to your best mate. cheers pal but why you sell me a lemon haha

cant mind every one of them cars and the good times :)

FF 182
Mate, when did you buy the black 172? Was my old car lol. Spent ages trawling through forums etc etc trying to find it but couldn't remember the reg!

Think i sold it around 2007. Heres a couple of pics:
DSC01339.jpg
DSC01337.jpg

Last edited:
  clio 172 cup
i can relate to this , i used to have an addiction with swapping cars , i think ive had 27 since i was 16 am 26 now an finally calmed it down in the past few years ive had alsorts lol ive had only 4 renaults thought but most of the cars ive owned have been french lol

ahh right yeah, the ph1 was just a toy had the dci100 and then GT DCi106 at the same time as it as my daily, couldn't be bothered with the hastle of 2 cars now lol

dCi 100s are full of win, loved the black ph1 too :)
Pleased to see there are others out there. My daily has changed regularly over the last few years or so, god knows how much I've lost! Currently considering trading my 2012 Megane Dynamique dCi for a mk4 Clio dCi Dynamique S......I really shouldn't though! We'll see.