ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Renault Sport ownership... (Pic Heavy)

Megane RS250
Seeing as I’ve not made a thread for over a year, I thought I’d bring everyone up to date with my Renault Sport ownership from start to now!

It all began with my first Renault sport, in the form of a Clio 182 in liquid yellow! I still remember the day I bought it, and especially the first drive home in it! It was epic and a massive upgrade from the VTS I owned beforehand. I ended up owning it for 18 months and in that time it went from this…

6863137986_28aacf62b6_z.jpg

To this… Pretty much everything I did to it is in my progress thread on here somewhere. I ended up putting it all back to standard and it was eventually sold to a chap on here!

4782206217_1a51aef1eb_z.jpg

4782192567_917011a5aa_z.jpg

4782836736_23336386ef_z.jpg

After selling the LY I really fancied a Trophy so when a nice example popped up, I viewed it and shortly after it was mine. The difference to the way it drove and handled was in a different league to the 182! I really loved driving it and did plan on doing a track day in it but that never materialised. I owned the Trophy for around 9 months and in that time it remained pretty much standard apart from upgrading the headlights to some black insert xenons (which look millions times better). It wasn't long before being tempted by another Renault Sport... This time a Megane sport though, and seeing as I missed liquid yellow so much, preferably a LY R26 (Capsicum Red is a nice colour but is nothing on LY!!). Not too long before deciding I wanted an R26, I put the Trophy up for sale and away it went in place for a Megane. Here are some pics of my Trophy from the final detail I gave it before being sold.

6863213816_b653bd7d69_z.jpg

7009332209_ed23b8bbda_z.jpg

7009335441_d81491b5fb_z.jpg

6863226898_0bfe939113_z.jpg

7009319771_84814173c8_z.jpg

And finally… My Megane R26. I’ve owned it since August last year, bought it off an old chap who had put a deposit down on a brand new ford s-max which was his reason for selling, that and the fact he hardly used it! He’d owned it a year and put a measly 3k on the clock in that time! It felt a bit odd driving it at first seeing as id been used to the size of the clio, with the megane being a much bigger car! But you soon get used to it. Oh… and I love having boost!!! The only mod I’ve done to it so far was upgraded the headlights to R26.R one’s (with black inserts) and fitting 5k h.i.d’s (and Ice white side lights with silvertech indicators to match). I’ll make another thread dedicated to the R26 in general automotive media section shortly!

7009307147_47948df3c8_z.jpg

6863198342_e577f98be3_z.jpg

C + C Welcome :race:

R26
Lovely selection of motors mate, iv just took the jump to a meg r26 after owning my flame red 172 for 4 years,still getting used to it tbh.

Nimbus R27
Absolutely fantastic collection of motors mate. Love the LY clio and R26. I had a Fiesta ZS a few months ago and then made the jump to a R27. You can't half tell the difference lol

I Andy, i brought your LY 182. Pampered for 9 months then sold it on to another member and since changed hands again.

Andy really does look after his cars.

Megane RS250
Brilliant collection. That LY 182 is beyond epic.

Thanks mate!!

Lovely selection of motors mate, iv just took the jump to a meg r26 after owning my flame red 172 for 4 years,still getting used to it tbh.

It does take a while to get used to the change but when you do I don't think you'll look back, I love the way the meg drives!

Awesome examples. Lovely collection.
R26 looks quality.

Cheers bud! :cool:

Great collection. Two lovely 182s, the trophy looks mint.

There were top cars, miss them both!

Absolutely fantastic collection of motors mate. Love the LY clio and R26. I had a Fiesta ZS a few months ago and then made the jump to a R27. You can't half tell the difference lol

Thanks mate! Nice upgrade, its all about renault sports tbh :race:

I Andy, i brought your LY 182. Pampered for 9 months then sold it on to another member and since changed hands again.

Andy really does look after his cars.

Alright mate!! Glad you enjoyed the ownership and looked after it! I'm sure its in good hands with its current owner. Out of all the cars I've owned its the one I miss the most!

That has to be the shiniest Trophy ive ever seen!

lol Thanks, It did come up really well after a good detail!