ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Retirement as CS Events Manager

BMW 320d Sport

From today, I retire as Cliosport Events Manager / Admin. As one of the co-founders of Cliosport, I can bow out happy in the knowledge that we built a great club, made a lot of people happy, ran brilliant and unforgettable holidays every year, organised some wicked events and raised the profile of Clios in the eyes of modders and enthusiasts from nothing.

I can honestly say that there really was no proper Clio scene before we started up, so whatever happens in the future, thats something that the hard-working admin staff, loyal members and countless forum users can be proud of.

As most of you already know, Im having to sell my Clio Turbo to finance a house move, I live miles from anywhere and anyone, and now Im in my 30s I just dont seem to have the time, the money or the burning desire to keep at my job as Events Manager. My wife Amanda (who some of you know) and I just have other priorities now. From now on Events will be taken over by the other admin staff and they have my very best wishes. I will always be there in the background if they need any help in sorting out club events or driving holidays abroad - you make a lot of contacts in 4 years of slowly building up club events...

Enough about me. A few parting comments that everyone can take how they want, my opinions on a few things I suppose.

1. Please support the club by turning out for our big events. 120-130 Clios at FCS was an incredible sight, when compared to our first meets where we were lucky to see half a dozen Clios on a wintry Southend seafront!

2. We are very cheap to join compared to almost all other proper clubs and do much much more for our members than many others who charge £20-£30 a year. Bear that in mind before you decide to complain about some aspect of the Cliosport.

3. Our admin staff need support from our rank and file members. Ive never been at the frontline of forum moderating or admin luckily; I concentrated on other stuff. But it really is a chore running this forum and processing memberships and I know for a fact that just a few supportive messages and more importantly, strong back-up for admin in public when one particular forum user or member is ragging on them...that really helps and keeps admin going when they feel like they are getting abused for just trying to make things run smooth. They might make mistakes, but so does everyone. CS admin staff dont owe anyone anything and if you think you can do a better job, then start your own club and forum.

4. Carry on the good work with reaching out to other clubs and their members. Interclub events and meets are where its at. Show goodwill to other enthusiasts. As long as they drive Renaults that is!

5. Remember this is a car club - everything should be on topic IMHO. But what do I know? ;)

6. Respect to clubs like RSC and RTOC. Keep doing your thing. Good luck to Williams Clio, you look to be making a great start.

Cant think of anything else, but thanks to all the people over the years whove made CS what it is and helped out by just turning up for meets, going on RR days, showing up at Santa Pod or York, come on the CS Easter holidays, given me advice on something techical, or anything else Ive forgotten. I cant say how much thats all been appreciated, and extra special thanks to all the founding members, admin staff, and any of the old school crowd - you know who you are.

All the best,

Nick Read

Cliosport Events Manager (retired)

[Edited by specialK on 26 June 2005 at 6:24pm]

Clio v6

Nick who?

;)

Seriously though. All my best wishes Nick.

Kindest regards,

One of the " school crowd" :)

Cheers for all of the work you put in Nick, i made it to a few of the meets and had a great time wen i was a member.

Good luck with your new plans.

Mr2 Roadster

Best wishes fella...

If you buy a car as slow as my Golf Gti Ill be up for another race, on private property of course!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Thanks for all the hard work Nick, Ive got great memories of many of the events that you organised.

Hope all goes well in the future.

:D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nick, youll be missed.

And you signed me up at donny south all those years ago!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Nick.... you will be sorely missed.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Enjoy your "retirement" (y)

Volvo S60 T5

Have a nice lfe Nick, but I hope you wont leave the forum and keep posting stuff.

Cliosport is like a drug you need a dailt fix..well I do anyway:oops:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Nick.. Cant believe your stepping down :cry:

Thankyou for Hours of laughter and a great Holiday this year, Keep in touch and ill send you the stuff when i get back.

Good luck Babe.

Mini Cooper S sport

Ive never met you but you seem like a top bloke! Good luck for the future, and Ill try to come to a big CS meet one day..

Ziel Nurburgring

Nick, Thanks for an amazing trip to the Ring at easter. Alot of hard worjk goes into organising these events, and most of us dont appreciate the hours put into it when we turn up and everything is done for us.

Also, thanks for having the time to talk to everyone and not just those you know at the various meets. Good luck with selling the beast, the new house, should there be any little Nick and Amandas in the future and enjoy being able to think of other things than CS

Ta

Ian

Good luck Nick - the ring trip at Easter was awesome, and being a newbie it was good of you to make the effort not just to hang around with the other oldies!

Matt

*waves* - but expect to see you sometime anyway - we will have to have a "founder renunion" just for the "originals" !!

lots of love to you both anyway !

K x

Thanks for all the time and effort you put in.

I just hope none of the other CLiosport iisues at the moment caused you to make this decision. I think anyone who went to any event you organised

cheers nick mate! make sure u stay around the forums and still get to some of the shows. good luck with ya movin and car sellin, if it all fails mate ill have ya car off u for free ;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Thanks for the hard work over the years..and fixing my clio at York dragway last year!:D Hope you will still be at the york/pod sometime....with a williams!;)

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Havent managed to meet you, even though your in the same area, but thanks for all the hard work youve put in over the years.

All the Best

Craig

500bhp Scoob

All the best Nick,

The big meets/shows ive been to show just how much hard work youve put into organising.

Thanks also for all the info ive asked you about in the past when i was just starting out with my clio :)

172 Cup

All this makes me feel old "will the last "old schooler" out shut the door after them"
And as for an old school Southend trip I would be up for that as long as it is not like the first - on a freezing Feb night!
Play nice
Hugh and Helen

Quote: Originally posted by McShug on 04 June 2005
All this makes me feel old "will the last "old schooler" out shut the door after them"
And as for an old school Southend trip I would be up for that as long as it is not like the first - on a freezing Feb night!
Play nice
Hugh and Helen

I know the feeling.

/y0z

Thanks for all your work Nick - remember I came down to the first "national" Cliosport meet in Southend, all the way from Scotland when I was there lol?

Best of luck, from one of the first wave of national members (when Cliosport started reaching out of Essex lol).

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

cheeers nick met you a few times dude and well be soory to see ya go, good luck with the future and no doubt well meet again lol...