ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My RS's - Old and new

200,182 Trophy, Cup
After buying the 197 in December I loved the car and the driving experience so much Ive been hunting for a full spec RS200. I had to travel from Doncaster to Southampton to get the car but it was well worth it.

Previous owner way Jay on here, he has looked after it very well.

A few pics of old and new. The red one is for sale although Im not desperate to sell as Ive just taxed it!!

8739547258_56ec4c873f_b.jpg
[/URL]
8738430385_cb95587c94_b.jpg
[/URL]
8739556088_d4b04e5241_b.jpg
[/URL]

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Love both of them.

​How do you find the two compare?

They are quite different. Just getting into the car the Recaros in the 200 make you instantly feel more part of it. From the engine perspective the power delivery is very similar but the exhaust note is quite different with the nice buzz which comes in at 3000rpm on the 197 not coming in until 3600rpm on the 200.

The 197 has had H&R 30/40 lowered springs and 18" speedlines so the ride is definately less tolerant of pot holes than the 200 which although it has cup suspension has a little more "give" in the ride.

I havent really had chance to explore the handling differences but looking forward to that....if it ever stops raining!

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Lovely!

How come you're changing mate?
You sound lke my wife !!:S
I had never had a renault until december and just love the car but I wanted to try and get the newer 200 as a bit of a keeper as i think good ones will be sought after by those disappointed with the 1600T model. I like the shape of the 200 so when I saw Jays car for sale it was bang on the spec i wanted

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Very nice cars! Can you show any more pics of the 197, maybe some side on pics if you can? Really wants a red 197 for my next car, and cant decide on gloss black wheels or 18" turinis..

​Thanks!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice!

Quite a costly subtle upgrade though? I probably would've uprated the 197/ You already have the H&R suspension?
EG- I bought an MX-5 for something completely different instead of spending silly thousands on the clio, just to add some variation.

Looks great though!

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You sound lke my wife !!:S
I had never had a renault until december and just love the car but I wanted to try and get the newer 200 as a bit of a keeper as i think good ones will be sought after by those disappointed with the 1600T model. I like the shape of the 200 so when I saw Jays car for sale it was bang on the spec i wanted

Hi Ashtons lovely cars/pics i had a UR197 before my 200 which is a great car, i went to Southampton to get my car also Roxby Renault, be good to have a chat at Cliosport saturday if you can make it. My wife has a RB197 2009 only done 18k from new, she wants a go in a new rsclio but cup racer spec in black, but it shows no option for the spoiler :( yet. Pic of mine so you can compare the two cars :approve:
ians200atnorthwealdmay2013_zps8253eccc.jpg

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Very nice cars! Can you show any more pics of the 197, maybe some side on pics if you can? Really wants a red 197 for my next car, and cant decide on gloss black wheels or 18" turinis..

​Thanks!
This may help James an old one of mine.
myold197_zps7b14ea6b.jpg

work for BMW
Woaa what a driveway! Would give me a warm feeling looking out my window at those 2 cars Lol:)

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
This may help James an old one of mine.
myold197_zps7b14ea6b.jpg

Looks very nice indeed! Are those the 197 "cup" wheels (which are also speedline, right?) in gloss black? Looks sweet either way! What exhaust / trims you got?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Both look great although I do prefer the 197 personally. I still can't help but think the 200 front end is soppy looking lol!

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Very nice!

Quite a costly subtle upgrade though? I probably would've uprated the 197/ You already have the H&R suspension?
EG- I bought an MX-5 for something completely different instead of spending silly thousands on the clio, just to add some variation.

Looks great though!

Hmm, cant agree but then we are all different. Ive got an Elise SC so cant imagine me pottering around in a Mazda!