ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Saab 9-3 Tid (120) Vector Sport

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Very nice car mate. I had one with the same engine and i enjoyed the drive. Such quality really.
Good luck with the sale!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice car mate. I had one with the same engine and i enjoyed the drive. Such quality really.
Good luck with the sale!!
Thanks mate! Yes, it's so good to drive on the motorway and surprisingly good on fuel too. Only selling because I want a more involving drive. I would have kept it another 3-4 years if I could afford running two cars.
I've got the 150bhp estate, great car so far.
I was looking for a 150hp estate originally but good ones were another £1000 more at the time. Few estates look better IMO.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  2014 Clio 200t edc
The 120 is also more reliable and easier to work on than the 150. The 150 are prone to the intake manifold (I think) breaking up where as the 120 doesn't have the problem. Only issue I had with mine was the alternator went, I managed to change it myself and I can not do mechanical things!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah I've heard about that manifold thing breaking, touch wood though it's fine so far, on 114k.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah I've heard about that manifold thing breaking, touch wood though it's fine so far, on 114k.
To be fair it's not a massive job to sort out and most have probably been done already as it's widely known in the engines

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know about the intake manifold issue.
Apparently premature water pump failures are also rather common. I saw a 'low coolant level' warning on the dash last summer. Pulled over, checked engine bay and noticed water / vapour coming off somewhere near the pump. AA rescue guy came around, confirmed it was the water pump and towed the car to my garage. What could have easily turned into a nightmare ended up rather well for me though, as the AA breakdown cover paid for the entire cost of belt and pump replacement!
Later, I heard from my mechanic and read on Saab forums that others had their belt snapped due to pump failing prematurely. They advise to change the belt around 60K instead of the official 72K figure. Mine had some 20K+ miles before it was due changing and I had never had to top up my coolant or noticed any other sign of it coming.