ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 'scene' Golf...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was joking. Air ride is a pretty simple concept but as you say, a lot on here still don't seem to comprehend.

I just don't get why you'd make it look broke for the photos? If you have it on air, and drive it around at a really nice level and it looks great, then f**king photo it like that!!!!!

I get no enjoyment looking at it whilst the subframe's on the floor.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Each to their own. I think it looks cool but i guess the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same shizzle.

I just don't get why you'd make it look broke for the photos? If you have it on air, and drive it around at a really nice level and it looks great, then f**king photo it like that!!!!!

I get no enjoyment looking at it whilst the subframe's on the floor.
Me neither!

I don't get how a big set of wheels from a Bentley etc & air bag suspension makes it cool. They're not real mods imo, you could probably remove them within an hour.

Also, that R32 is a five door - which is plain wrong to start with.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
That's lovely!

I don't see why so many people hate stuff like this so much. The majority of these 'scence' cars are adjustable so when driven they are never that low!

I suppose scene is like marmite

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I have to admit, I thought the first pic was photoshopped for a moment. It's clearly been done properly, so respect due for that, but stance has never been my thing.

I think cars look awful when the arches are covering the top edge of the alloys. Would look 100% better raised an inch or two to hover above the tyre, eliminating any arch gap but not protruding over the wheels.

IMO of course

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Each to their own. I think it looks cool but i guess the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same shizzle.

Thing is, I bet it looks brilliant when it's at driveable height.

Thing is, if I had my car 2 foot off the floor for photos, would you be able to judge if it's nice or not? Ride height can make or break a car, especially with non standard wheels, so I just don't get putting it on the floor for images.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Needs a bit of Tyre showing on the rear and it would be peachy imo

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Thing is, if I had my car 2 foot off the floor for photos, would you be able to judge if it's nice or not? Ride height can make or break a car, especially with non standard wheels, so I just don't get putting it on the floor for images.

Because it's cool and the done thing in the vw world. It's more about show and shine than track action for vw's.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Because it's cool and the done thing in the vw world. It's more about show and shine than track action for vw's.

:banghead:

He's already said he doesn't drive it around like that, right?

My point is, I've no interest in seeing it as low as it'll go, I'd just rather see what it really looks like, whilst it's being used

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

He's already said he doesn't drive it around like that, right?

My point is, I've no interest in seeing it as low as it'll go, I'd just rather see what it really looks like, whilst it's being used

It could look however you want as it's totally adjustable?

Arctic 182FF
I think cars look awful when the arches are covering the top edge of the alloys. Would look 100% better raised an inch or two to hover above the tyre, eliminating any arch gap but not protruding over the wheels.

IMO of course

^This.

Get some pictures at driving height and I bet it'll look quality.

Completely contradicting yourself there

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd like to know how?

Personally, I think the golf looks s**t in the photos, it's adjustable, he doesn't even drive it around how he's photo'd it, I just wanted to see how it normally looks. Simple

Look like R32 Setup but cant really tell too well

I love it Jake. Didn't know you'd bought a GTI. What brake setup are you using?

Yeah it's an r32 setup with Tarrox grooved discs :) stops well.

I agree about the arch over wheel thing on back and will sort it out soon. I could of raised it an inch but that looked weird. Need spacers :)

I'd like to know how?

Personally, I think the golf looks s**t in the photos, it's adjustable, he doesn't even drive it around how he's photo'd it, I just wanted to see how it normally looks. Simple

You say ride height can make or break a car, but you don't understand why it is so low.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You say ride height can make or break a car, but you don't understand why it is so low.

PMSL.

He already said that isn't how he drives it. I don't get why putting a car to an undriveable state makes it good to photo. Sure.

I'm fine with low, very low I personally don't like, but if it can't be driven like it, what's the point? It's just a big ass ornament until you adjust it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
PMSL.

He already said that isn't how he drives it. I don't get why putting a car to an undriveable state makes it good to photo. Sure.

I'm fine with low, very low I personally don't like, but if it can't be driven like it, what's the point? It's just a big ass ornament until you adjust it.

You don't really get the stance scene do you lol :p

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I'm with Rob. I don't get it. Why make your car look like the springs have been removed? Especially if you can only do it whilst it's parked up.

I like the car and you like it so that's all that matters.
Do you lower it all the time or just for photos?

A grey one
Lol! It's lovely.. But it's like posting a standard 182 on edition38 forum..
French & stanced cars are both cool, but 90% of the time neither understand the other nor want to no matter how much you try to fight your point.

Pics of it at the height you drive it around? I bet it looks 10x better.

What makes me laugh about this whole airbags thing is people go "check out how bad ass and low my car is" then get in, start it up, put it to a height it can get out of the carpark, and drive off.

You and I could both achieve the same thing for photo's sure it'd take me an hour to remove my springs, but I'd not have to spend £1000 on some fancy suspension ;)

Other than the daft low, I really like it.

...so I just don't get putting it on the floor for images.

PMSL.

You really are quite keen on informing everyone you 'don't get' airbags low!

Everyone has their own opinion, and you don't like it. Many other people do though

Disastra Coupe
Looks great imo. Think some people need to remember not everybody wants to race around like they're driving a Cup racer. Granted you could say why buy an r32 then but a GTI isn't going to give you that engine note and interior.

Thumbs up from me :)