ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My SERV light is on - what does that mean

Ok, driving back from Stafford yesterday my SERV light was on contant, I assumed it was just a warning to say my car is due a service (it isnt, was service 6 months / 6K miles ago)

Reading the handbook afterwards it says "If it lights up when the vehicle is being driven, it is advisable to stop at a Renault Dealer soon. It lights up with one of the warning lights"

It then shows ABS, Airbag and ESP light which none were illuminated.

Any ideas?

*edited: Since then I just went out to the car to check and the SERV light is on with the STOP and ABS light for a few seconds after starting the car and the other lights have gone out, they all then go out. Typical...

Wonder if Im in need of new pads..?

no mate im having this problem i had me airbag light came on with serve its a loose connection under ya seat have a fiddle and it should go out, now i have the abs light with serv, do a search someone done a thread on this a while ago.

hope this helps

I have the same, everyone on here a while ago said it was dodgy wiring under the drivers seat. I keep meaning to take it to the Renault garage but havent got around to it yet. Might wait until the next service in 3.5k miles.

Cheers guys, I will not worry about it, got another long drive this weekend so Ill see what happens...

Chris, I dont need telling, I just need the money :) and a way to be able to get it onto my drive, the slope is just okay with the 172 :(

Mines done this intermittently from new.

SERV ABS ESP lights on.

Been to stealers 4 times, no fault found.

Experimented when warning lights on, no ESP, no ABS, no traction control. If Id wanted that I wouldve bought a Cup.

Not had the airbag one ... yet.

same as that Dirk, thre oil level on the dash is a marvellous invention, the filler cap under another flap unfortunately is not :(

Quote: Originally posted by Moogwai5 on 04 November 2003

same as that Dirk, thre oil level on the dash is a marvellous invention,
Nahh its not, because when you park on a hill it lies. So i just keep topped up and do full change every 6k. (plug myself for future sale);)

Get it checked out asap. I had the serv and stop light come on constantly in my 172 and it was a slight leak of brake fluid, i believe this warning light covers a whole host of possible problems, so dont just presume it is a loose wire...

GR7

Shiny red R32

Mine also comes on occasionally if I move the front passenger seat. After a bit of fiddling about underneath, the lights go out. I really should take it to the garage I suppose, to let them sort it properly.

Stanced Honda S2000

mines been on since 10k . just the serv and the airbag light. welcome to the club. its a common fault according to which car . renault = sh*t electrics