ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Service light has come on along with airbag?

clio sport 172 ph2
Hi , not had the car long, and its just reached 57,500 miles and the service and air bag light have just come on, so does this mean that the car is due a service, or does it mean just the airbag needs servicing

thanks

Insignia SRi
Mine has the same thing and apparently its the pre-tensioner sensor in one of your seat belt buckles.

Been quoted £100 inc labour to sort!!! :(

Audi S1
lol £100

Its the s**t clips renault use, mine keeps doing it i just ignore it now. Would get it fixed but i cba

Seat belt warning light

The SERV and AIRBAG lights come on its a common problem (almost every has it) its due to the wiring of the pretensioners going to an open circuit. Fiddle with the wires under the seat an the problem will go away.
On the early cars the solution is to look under each of the seats. You will see a grey connector.
On the passenger side disconnect it and cut the Blue and Brown wires off both sides. Then solder the Blue wire to blue, and the Brown to the other brown. Make sure you use insulating sleeves over the soldered connections..
Under the driver seat there are two pairs of wires in the grey connector.. Only cut the Blue and Brown wires and solder them together as above.. Reconnect the connector..
On the facelift cars it is ONLY the passenger side connector that is affected.. So again cut and solder the Blue and brown wires

or handheld diagnostic to clear?

Get this ... I was driving over one of the passes in the Lake District at the weekend, went over a pothole ... BANG! passenger seatbelt pretensioner went off. OK it was a pretty harsh pothole, but not that bad. So now I have the service and airbag light on as well as throttle issue ...

clio sport 172 ph2
Seat belt warning light

The SERV and AIRBAG lights come on its a common problem (almost every has it) its due to the wiring of the pretensioners going to an open circuit. Fiddle with the wires under the seat an the problem will go away.
On the early cars the solution is to look under each of the seats. You will see a grey connector.
On the passenger side disconnect it and cut the Blue and Brown wires off both sides. Then solder the Blue wire to blue, and the Brown to the other brown. Make sure you use insulating sleeves over the soldered connections..
Under the driver seat there are two pairs of wires in the grey connector.. Only cut the Blue and Brown wires and solder them together as above.. Reconnect the connector..
On the facelift cars it is ONLY the passenger side connector that is affected.. So again cut and solder the Blue and brown wires

or handheld diagnostic to clear?

fiddled with the wires under the passenger seat, lights been off ever since! :)

P

Philpott

ok got mot on fri and service n airbag light appeared today help asap

Ultra Red Clio 197
ok got mot on fri and service n airbag light appeared today help asap

That wont affect your MOT as they dont look at air bags... The reason being not all cars have them. So if its still on when you go for MOT dont panic! ;) Ive never had the problem, but thats what I was told or read somewhere on here ages ago!

Clio 172 & Fabia vRS
lol it always happens when the passenger seat gets moved on mine, i have a fiddle with the wire and it always go's off :p

Bux

Golf GTD
My lights are on and yet the light doesn't go out when i fiddle with the wires.
It only started doing it after I changed my steering wheel to a sport one, but the connectors on the airbag in the steering wheel are fine. Im so confused lol

tiTTy & SV650
no its the connector under the passenger seat

Exactly that in my case, happened in mine last week so I popped the passenger seat forward and reached under wiggled some wires and the light went out instantly.

There was a fault code showing in diagnostics mode 'h' I think not checked to see if its gone away.

Bux

Golf GTD
No, just grab it from the back and pull. 2 second job then I just reseated the wires my moving them about a bit and then clipped the cover back on. Very easy to do.

Ok, thanks for that. Ill have a go at it tomorrow, it's too dark out now

Bux

Golf GTD
Right. I've fiddled with the connector behind the wheel, with no success. Light stayed on.
I've also replaced the connector under the passenger seat with bullets but that hasn't solved it either. Any other ideas?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Get this ... I was driving over one of the passes in the Lake District at the weekend, went over a pothole ... BANG! passenger seatbelt pretensioner went off. OK it was a pretty harsh pothole, but not that bad. So now I have the service and airbag light on as well as throttle issue ...
Very bad for that the ye olde clios! Seen 03' plates written off due to being hit on the bumper and the seat air bag went on it.

Found this while searching for same problem

Tried fixing it several times by looking and fiddling with wiring under pass seat....

Mine turned out to be contector under drivers seat! D'oh

51 plate ,early 2002 172 btw :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Is there not 1 under the drivers seat too??? and my car is a previous cat D gally for exactly that, rear wheels went into a kerb in the ice buckled the rear wheel and axel seat airbag went off, no body damage or other structural damage. 05 plate, 21k miles FRSH 1 owner from new, cost me 2k to buy from copart and get it back on the road. ridiculous how easy they go off.