ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My speedo's broken!!!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
mine was doin that washed the car n it fixed?, look thriugh the pasenger wheel and there is a black semsor in the gear box, remove it it like a pencil, giv it a good wipe check conections should be ok, do the dash trick to see if the speedo works on that, if it does then the sensor will need a clean

Mondeo STTDCI
er...guessing press the knobby on the end of the stalk in then turn the ignition to number 2 and it tests everything

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
my speedo has been known to jump about when above 60mph and normally when im driving it pretty hard.

Would be good to know what it is, aslong as its just a sensor i'll live. If its mechanical, i probably wont :(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
RenaultSport said:
Then watch your instrument cluster dials and lights dance about

And if there's a problem will there be a display in the trip meter box???

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
And if there's a problem will there be a display in the trip meter box???

no

speedo will go up in increments, if it works, then its a wiring/sensor fault, and not a problem with the instrument panel itself.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
OK just done it...It went up in increments, rpm temp etc...all lighting and making a beep
so i guess it must be a sensor problem?? maybe dirty?

BMW M135i
Its probably a dirty/wet sensor or its knackered. Not much you can do other than clean it up and see if it works again, if not it'll need changing.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yer, it will have a loose conection or needs a good wipe i used i bit of wd40 n it worked as soon as i put it in