ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ST, Surrey Rolling Road, err...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Mark my cousin gets his 230 kit fitted on Thursday. You making the most of it now?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I tried telling him this. I also told him to get Michelins on before upgrading but he's doing it after. He will learn eventually!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I know it's not all about peak power but wow I'd be gutted!

Any plans to change yet Mark or are you mostly happy with it?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I want a Focus RS, just not yet.

I'm happy in my ST, but the accountant in me wants RS depreciation (and eventually appreciation) long term. To maximise that though I want/need one of the last registered models on the last plate.

The trouble with that is no one knows in advance when order books will close. If I hold on too long I could end up missing the boat and then I'll be pissed!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I want a Focus RS, just not yet.

I'm happy in my ST, but the accountant in me wants RS depreciation (and eventually appreciation) long term. To maximise that though I want/need one of the last registered models on the last plate.

The trouble with that is no one knows in advance when order books will close. If I hold on too long I could end up missing the boat and then I'll be pissed!

Sensible thinking, maybe wait for an incredibly low mileage or ex demo one the order book closes up?

Have you driven one yet?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Sensible thinking, maybe wait for an incredibly low mileage or ex demo one the order book closes up?

Have you driven one yet?

Low miles or ex demo won't do it for me, it needs to be one owner from new for top dollar in the future. There's a thread on RSOC asking about one owner low mile standard cars and there are surprisingly few still about it would seem. Some have nice low miles, some are standard, most have 2 or 3 owners. When one pops up that ticks all boxes you can actually hear everyone knocking one out.

Not driven one yet, spoke to a dealer at the weekend who can sort a drive out for me any time I want...but, like with my Fiesta, I'm not sure I want to. I don't really need to, I know the seats are comfortable (ST), I know what the interior is like (C-Max), and unless every journalist everywhere is on Ford's payroll, I know what it drives like. The day of collection would be a little more special if it's the first time I get to turn a wheel in one I think.