ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My steerings gone all heavy

Mercedes C Class Sport
...When i tried to turn right on a motorway slip road the other way my steering wouldnt turn more to the right. Since then its generally become heavier, I'm checking the fluid first thing but could it be something like a bearing or ball joint? cheers

Yozza'd Titanium 182
its probably the fluid, did it just start doing it all of a sudden or has it slowley being getting worse

ST
Yep check the fluid tho it maybe that theres air in the system or a hole in one of the fluid lines causing pressure to escape..

Mercedes C Class Sport
Where do you check the fluid? Can't actually see it in the engine bay and when I checked the manual it showed a picture of an older engine bay.

Mondeo TDCI 130
How old is it? reservir should be in the back right of the engine bay, BUT yours could be an electric rack!

E30 318iS x2
If you can't find a leak, its common for the fluid to find its way through a broken seal and into the rack itself and fill up the rubber bellows etc.

PAS fluid maybe in a black canister or the usual translucent tank.

Don't find too may electric systems any more, bad luck if it is though.

Mercedes C Class Sport
My mates 1.2 16v (51 plate too), couldnt find where the pas fluid goes in. I dont have a flat tyre no, checked already :). I'm baffled really as the manual doesnt even state where it is

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I know the DCI's, 1.4's and 1.6's have heavier steering than the 1.2's, but I was still under the impression that they were electric, and only the sports were hydraulic?

LY 182
it will be electric column i'd imagine
mine use to do that from time to time but use to sort its life out after switching on and off