ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Sunday afternoon at Oulton Park (56k no chance)

My g/f bought me a RaceMaster afternoon at Oulton Park for Christmas, and went on Sunday! It's been almost 2 years since I've driven on track, so was a little rusty but it all came back to me in the end!

Pics...

DSC_0756.gif

DSC_0678.gif

DSC_0679.gif

DSC_0759.gif

Finally back in a Clio!
DSC_0780.gif

DSC_0781.gif

Now for some single seater action...
DSC_0810.gif

DSC_0813.gif

DSC_0820.gif

DSC_0828.gif

DSC_0830.gif

Now for the famous Alonso victory wave!
DSC_0844.gif

DSC_0845.gif

Really enjoyed the afternoon. Done about 3-4 laps in the 197, it felt awesome on the track, excellent handling/pick-up/brakes and it was the non cupped pack model too!

The single seater was powered by an Audi engine and produced about 160-170bhp but only weighed 1/3 of what the Clio did! The gearshift was on the right-hand side, was a little weird but soon got used to it. The rev limiter was only 4000rpm too, so you really had to rev it when pulling away. It was a quick little thing thou, and when you look in the mirrors and see just rear tyres and rear wing! :approve: done about 12-15 laps in the single seater, but now I've got the trackday bug back!

Now where's that cheque book gone....?

Cheers JR, was a really good afternoon... Didn't want it to end!

Need to get behind the wheel of an RS again! ;-)

Gearshifts are really odd on those things!

Did they pace you round behind a fairly slow pace car, or you allowed to set your own pace? I did something similar at Donington last year, but was disappointed by the pedestrian pace of the pace car.

Yeah gear shift is very weird (on the righthand side too) got use to it thou.

There was no pace car, went out at my own speed... Had a clear track until I caught up with slow back markers, which got blue flagged to move out my way he he

They get an idea of how quick you are by putting you in the 197 first.

M

mini-valver

Looks like a Formula Palmer Audi. They're 300bhp in race trim, 0-6 in 2.8. Not slow!

I'd have been pretty pissed at a 4000rpm rev limit but looks like you had a mint day!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I'd love to do a track day, nearly asked for one for my birthday.

Looks like you had an awesome day, good pics!

a thirsty one
Jay - i was there mate and saw you. I do wuite a few track days round oulton in my 182 but I was there with my dad. i bought him one of the 4x4 expereinces so we were there for that. i saw you going round in the clio i recognised the jumper.

i heard the single seaters going out and was surprised at the low rev limit i gues its there to protect the cras and not they have no control over who gets in them so i guess its to be on the safe side. glad you enjoyed it mate.

made me keen to get back there, been about 4 weeks since my last open pit lane day at oulton park.

Focus RS Mk1
how much was that day of event if you dont mind saying. thats the sort of thing id like to do :)

john Lloyd - can believe you seen me! Feel famous now! LOL

Sean - details are on motorsportvision.co.uk

I didn't even know they were scoring until they gave us the results at the end!! :eek: I would of put more effort into it if I'd have known LOL

Scored 90/100 :D

oooh yeah.
i managed a 92 but to be honest, its all bull****
you can either drive or you cant, i reckon its made up from their.

Yeah agree, they were giving the slow coaches 84/85... But they're gonna give them a decent score to butter them up. It was all light hearted anyway, but couldn't see anyone else with a score that was more than 90, so I'll count me as the winner that day! LOL

320d
Surely they could just limit the top speed. Mind you those VAG engines are very torquey so its all good.

Only use 3rd and 4th gears around Oulton in it (short circuit), could of done with 5k rpm limit as I was flat out on the straight in 4th bouncing off the limiter before I reached my braking point. Was great fun thou!!

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
looks mint, bet it was great fun. i did same for my 18th but in a lambo and it was awesome

jamie

Driving a single seater is great fun, you can pretend you're an F1 driver lol

Jamie - Did you have a pace car in the lambo?