ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Twingo 133 Review

Inferno 182 CUP
Okay i have owned my Twingo 133 now for 6 months and thought i would post up a review of how i think it fair against other cars on the road.

The car was bought on 11,000 miles me being the second owner completely standard bar the odd light bulb & a GT diffuser, so i drove it for its first couple of thousand miles standard so ill start here.

The car felt well balanced. Light and nimble, clearly able but lacked the torque it much needed for overtaking and similar manouveres. It was swift and stable yet something wasnt quite polished. Overall i would of said it was a fantastic car. Clearly not as good as its bigger brothers but a proper hoot to drive and for the money unfaultable.

The handling is planted. It handles like a dream a bit sketchy in the wet and the braking isnt superb but its capable! The steering IMO is too light - i want more feedback at the wheel and need to feel more control but it isnt awful.

Styling - not the greatest of lookers but it wasnt ugly. The rear end left a bit to be desired but a GT diffuser and RS spoiler sorted that out. On the whole it is a great package and it does bring a smile to your face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Months on from then i have added a variety of mods which have made this car more fun that i imagined.

KTEC Remap
KTEC Panel
Apex 25mm Springs (40mm Lower than standard Twingo iirc)
Rear Strut Brace
TD 1.2 17's (standard cup pack wheels are 17's)
Yokohoma Parada Spec 2 Tyres (opted for 205 size not the standard stretched 195's)
Drilled & Grooved Discs
Mintex Pads
Silicone Hoses
RS Spoiler

& a few cosmetic mods & things im sure ive forgotten.

And this is how it stands now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i took the car for a very spirited run.

Having learnt this cars capabilitys i know when to push and when to back off and having recently fitted my new lowering springs i wanted to see if i had made any improvement.

The car is now more planted with its brace and springs, The ride is very firm and next to no body roll. It turns in just right and comes out the other end no dramas! There is more feedback through the wheel although IMO not enough still.

The braking i wouldnt say has improved greatly to be a huge difference but i have braided lines to fit and new fluid which i hope will make some improvement without going to 4 pots, although on the Twingo that may be overkill!

KTEC have done a fantastic job on the mapping and Andy didnt stop short of impressing me. The car has no flat spots and when it hits the magic 5K its like a bear jumps out of the bonnet and starts going ape s**t on the road its alot of fun and it puts a whopping smile on my face!

The lightweight wheels - despite various opinions and critisism made a huge difference IMO - wrapped in Parada 2's in the dry they are very very sticky - if only you could see the s**t they pick up! Probably too soft to last a long time but f**k me are they fun. Had a set before and thought in the wet they were kack but i take all that back. I pushed them today harder than ive ever pushed the Twingo and the roads were soaked and it lapped it up!

The cars stance is greatly improved and i honestly love this car!

Ive driven meganes, clios, vxrs, gti's lalalalalala they are all great cars in there own way.

Im not saying the Twingo is a monster of speed - Far from it. But if you want a good laugh and a fun drive this is the way to go.

My modifications are not extreme enough to call it a track weapon but they keep the daily drive easy enough too without it being too uncomfortable.

Based on what the Twingo 133 set out to achieve i give renault 9/10

For anyone interested you can follow me a bit more on my progress thread here .. Thanks for reading :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Progess-Thread-..&highlight=dannys+twingo+133

260% JCW
Nice one, realy like the twingo would love to see one pushing out some more power though, ITB's maybe. Wonder what the limits are for the 1.6, i know the Clio super 1600 used the K4M and made 220hp. That Would be awesome!

As for the TD Pro-race IMO there great wheel's, cant be that bad if they use them in the BTCC.