ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My two beasts :)

RB182cup&golf gti
juby4yhu.jpg

10 years apart but still love everything about the 182

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Damn, read that as breasts. Reading fail

How do the two compare? performance and handling wise.

<3 RB, best colour

RB182cup&golf gti
Lol you really wouldn't want to see my breasts aka moobs.

Both completely different. Fiesta feels much more precise and firm and torque just flings it down the road. Gearbox is super slick in the fiesta too. That said, I love the Clio, which is still like new as now on 21k miles. Clio definitely not as firm handling wise, but that may have something to do with the suspension being ten years old. Both ace cars tho.

We have found the man that can directly compare the two.. how much difference in straight line pace?

RB182cup&golf gti
I haven't done a side by side comparison as apart from the obvious that I can't drive both at the same time, I wouldn't trust someone else with either in a dual! The fiesta is definitely quicker at higher speeds and much easier to drive quicker too (it has the mp215) because of the torque and additional power. There is a private section of road near me where I could do a speed test. My Clio is fast so I doubt there'd be a huge amount of difference, but money on the fiesta.

RB182cup&golf gti
Re the private plate, car is a 54 and they had an 04 or 02 in what I wanted. I figured that if I got an 04 then it would look like an 04 plate, whereas this model hadn't come out on an 02 plate so anyone who knows these cars would know it's not an 02 plate. Daft logic, but that's me!
Thanks for the kind comments.

clio 182 trophy
Re the private plate, car is a 54 and they had an 04 or 02 in what I wanted. I figured that if I got an 04 then it would look like an 04 plate, whereas this model hadn't come out on an 02 plate so anyone who knows these cars would know it's not an 02 plate. Daft logic, but that's me!
Thanks for the kind comments.
Not daft logic at all tbh. I saw your thinking fella!lol