ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My V6

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you want some paint done, go see ColourTone in Burnt Mills .. done a few friends cars, MagpieV6's 182 on here too... Did my bosses on my recommendation and it looked superb. The only reason I could see it had had any work done (rear quarter keyed) was that that half the car had no swirls unlike the rest haha :eek:

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Although it don't really look massively different I lowered the coilovers by 20mm and fitted a new front splitter today. I forgot to take a photo of the splitter and the side shot I took was naff but after working on it for a few hours I'm still gonna post it lol.

Yes I know it needs a good wash and polish.

y5u3ymas.jpg

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
nice touches! shes a beaut!!

Althoughn the rears aren't AP calipers ;-)

Thanks mate.

I know they ain't really AP's but as the stickers were already on there although in a bad way I thought it was only a little white lie so replaced them.

If you want some paint done, go see ColourTone in Burnt Mills .. done a few friends cars, MagpieV6's 182 on here too... Did my bosses on my recommendation and it looked superb. The only reason I could see it had had any work done (rear quarter keyed) was that that half the car had no swirls unlike the rest haha :eek:

I will defiantly go and see them then as I'm planning on having the front end re sprayed over the winter.

Cheers mate.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I still haven't cleaned it but I went out in it today so thought I'd take a couple of photos of it lowered on the KW's and front splitter fitted.
ru8e6uty.jpg

uqumu5ad.jpg
5utypu6u.jpg

Many.
Ph1's are growing on me more and more.

Just noticed your in Essex too, where abouts if you don't mind me asking, I've seen a few V6's recently ad wonder if you're one of them?!

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Cheers lads, the KW's are awesome so far, I've had a lot of different coilovers on my old Evo's and these perform as well as some of the more expensive ones. I think I'll have to raise the ride hight a bit though as I couldn't get over a poxy speed hump today :(

An orange one
Cheers lads, the KW's are awesome so far, I've had a lot of different coilovers on my old Evo's and these perform as well as some of the more expensive ones. I think I'll have to raise the ride hight a bit though as I couldn't get over a poxy speed hump today :(

See I'm worried about this, I ideally want a little lower but not making it over speed bumps etc is a complete hassle!!

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
See I'm worried about this, I ideally want a little lower but not making it over speed bumps etc is a complete hassle!!

It was ok then I adjusted the coilovers another 20mm lower then put the splitter on, it'd be ok I recon once it gets ripped off again.

Edit* just seen yours Colin, stunning is all I can say.

BG V6, LY 182

Don't go too low! You seen mine In the lakes, and it's too low. Speed bumps are a mare! Couldn't even get it on drive without scraping ffs! Soon as weather is better and I'm driving it more, it's going up! Ride is far to harsh atm aswell.

An orange one
Don't go too low! You seen mine In the lakes, and it's too low. Speed bumps are a mare! Couldn't even get it on drive without scraping ffs! Soon as weather is better and I'm driving it more, it's going up! Ride is far to harsh atm aswell.

Yours is the hight I want though! Handling wise for how often I drive the clio I wouldn't spend £1500 to improve, it doesn't justify for under 1000 miles per year.

Should be a 5 minute job to soften it up a bit though, just buy turning them a few clicks??

Dont put me off this idea guys lol

BG V6, LY 182
Yours is the hight I want though! Handling wise for how often I drive the clio I wouldn't spend £1500 to improve, it doesn't justify for under 1000 miles per year.

Should be a 5 minute job to soften it up a bit though, just buy turning them a few clicks??

Dont put me off this idea guys lol

It's too low! I struggle with speed bumps, even the smaller ones. It does look awesome, but it's so impractical! Saying that.... The whole car is lol

i bought some spanners the other week, give it a little turn and the whole thing turned, not sure if it should, so I'm going to get them looked at.

An orange one
It's too low! I struggle with speed bumps, even the smaller ones. It does look awesome, but it's so impractical! Saying that.... The whole car is lol

i bought some spanners the other week, give it a little turn and the whole thing turned, not sure if it should, so I'm going to get them looked at.

So if you could save the money and keep standard height would you do it? I'm almost all saved now!!

Damping adjustment should be a small knob that goes on each strut top and turns.. Is this what you meant? Unless KW have a different set up?

BG V6, LY 182
So if you could save the money and keep standard height would you do it? I'm almost all saved now!!

Damping adjustment should be a small knob that goes on each strut top and turns.. Is this what you meant? Unless KW have a different set up?

Thats a hard one. I absolutely love the way it sits, but like I say it's far too impractical. I wouldn't raise it much. Just enough to keep the peace off mind, especially after the lakes incident, but we'll not talk about that.

I'm really not the best with cars, it's probably so simple, but when I turned it, the whole thing turned including the threads, I'll take a photo and post it one time.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I agree it's a proper mare being too low and I will prob raise it a bit again, well maybe as I love the way it sits atm. I do need to adjust the dampening too as mines a tad hard but I'm not that bothered yet, I'll look at the instructions how easy it is to adjust as I'm not taking the wheels off just to do that.

As as for buying them I wouldn't hesitate as it's one of the best mods you could do on a Vee IMO.

An orange one
I agree it's a proper mare being too low and I will prob raise it a bit again, well maybe as I love the way it sits atm. I do need to adjust the dampening too as mines a tad hard but I'm not that bothered yet, I'll look at the instructions how easy it is to adjust as I'm not taking the wheels off just to do that.

As as for buying them I wouldn't hesitate as it's one of the best mods you could do on a Vee IMO.

Good to hear, as my alternative was K-Tecs uprated brake discs set up and some form of manifolds.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Although it's insured for the year I've decided to SORN it until the better weather comes so she's now tucked up in the garage for winter (unless we have any nice days before the end if Jan)

I'm still in the look out for some nice seats to fit before the summer.

3upy9a5y.jpg

Although it's insured for the year I've decided to SORN it until the better weather comes so she's now tucked up in the garage for winter (unless we have any nice days before the end if Jan)

I'm still in the look out for some nice seats to fit before the summer.

3upy9a5y.jpg
It'll be nice to get to see yours when you get it out again.