ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My VW Camper Fresh Build Project

182, SQ7, Trafic
Well this is all from seeing one at a customers house a couple of months ago. I then looked over prices and saw that it was quite expensive but an epic bit of kit.

My girlfriend asked me if I wanted it for Christmas, and I said no as was quite expensive.

She then surprised me and this morning I unwrapped this;

06e8a5d8.jpg

So like anyone getting Lego for Christmas I had to open it straight away and get building until I was finished! After unwrapping, I saw the epic task ahead of me 2 books to guide me through and 1,300+ pieces!

c4b664e9.jpg

bb0a93fa.jpg

First started off by building up the rear subframe and chassis

bbad34d3.jpg

2fbee918.jpg

And also an awesome mini air cooled engine

96c2c903.jpg

8401e0bd.jpg

Then added the rear bumper

b8553f0a.jpg

After this I started building up the rest of the chassis and sills

3196c07c.jpg

The chequered floor was laid

efd87869.jpg

Then started to build up the rear corners. Front bumpers were also fitted along with the boot

d68f9090.jpg

7a46f396.jpg

I then got a bit grumpy, but we had to go and do family stuff apparently so when getting home I got right back on, starting to fit out the interior and side doors

1436e2ef.jpg

917067d4.jpg

030bb889.jpg

9e9724c3.jpg

I then started to get the cabin into shape, the bench seat looked a little hard

2cf0ca69.jpg

And then some seats and foldaway bed in the back

10669264.jpg

I then got the nearside panels up and a foldaway table, complete with glass

174e98ff.jpg

8a096c0e.jpg

It was starting to take a better shape

f994b994.jpg

And as you can see plenty of pieces left to go

8d883e1c.jpg

I then started to hit a problem. I got the offside door on and built

6c0b39ce.jpg

Then, as always with something like this, a part was missing, so my door has a hole in it :( the part has been ordered from Lego though :) also got the pedals and steering column in place

c3059234.jpg

I then got some glazing in, complete with curtains, and the bedroom area built up with some shelves, posters and a plant

a554beab.jpg

d234df87.jpg

Then all the panelling to bring that shape a little closer

9a8f989f.jpg

af13c3b9.jpg

Now, it had to be special, so it came with safari split windscreen. I got the front part of the roof section and these all made up

863cd13f.jpg

I then built the rest of the roof section up, including a roof that raises

b0355b7a.jpg

895cc28a.jpg

And then in place

5717d77a.jpg

294ac1e1.jpg

It was finally time to build up the piece-de-resistance, the front that this bus has became known and recognised by

f2fd8247.jpg

And a fitted picture

5f45cf5c.jpg

I then had the wheels fitted and finished it off!

93ea7aec.jpg

1a9ce058.jpg

I ended up with one missing piece but had all these extra bits left over

d3a04a8b.jpg

So, here it is, the final product of a day of hard work

e729d17b.jpg

0282f2d5.jpg

5b6159d6.jpg

db234c39.jpg

1703c2ae.jpg

6544a8e1.jpg

ec257475.jpg

Probably the best present from the missus as its awesome! I bought my Dad one for Christmas too as he loves a nice bus. I don't imagine he'll rush to finish like I did.

Sorry the pictures were a bit crap, but I hope you enjoyed the read :)

182, SQ7, Trafic
Cheers all :)

I've looked at getting it lower, and I don't think it's easy haha!

I loved building it, and all I was think was how clever the Lego designers are and what an awesome job it must be. Never appreciated it before when your 8-9 building them! Was also impressed with how many real bricks there were in it. A lot of new Lego builds seem to be formed parts that stick together rather than using imagination at the square looking model!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Wow looks awesome, but i just found the price, eek!

Edit: amazon is over-priced

182, SQ7, Trafic
Yea it's only the Lego store meant to be selling them, but amazon sellers and eBay ones are going for nearly twice as much. But it's £80 from Lego.com

koi

Audi S1
Thought it was a real camper when I seen the topic then seen it was Lego, still cool though :cool:

S1 Rallye Shed
Is there a peice missing in the door for a reason? Looks awesome, tho just finishin off a lego technics my self that I got for Xmas.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Is there a peice missing in the door for a reason? Looks awesome, tho just finishin off a lego technics my self that I got for Xmas.

You didn't read it all did you ;)

It was just missing :( its coming soon, they have a missing brick service on Lego.com