ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Wash Mitt Sucks!!

Hey,

I got a meguiars wash mitt a couple of weeks ago, and i just cant get used to it.
When cleaning the car i used Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo, but i just cant get any suds at all. Its not foaming up at all when its on the car. I dont know if its supposed to be like this but i get much more suds when using a normal foam.
Are they meant to be like this? Its not like i have ruined it in the wash either as i have only used it twice.

Thanks​

106 GTi
Not used either of the Megs ones, but remember noticeing this when I stooped using sponges. Mix the shampoo in a bucket with a good blast of water at high pressue to get a good later first. I have never managed since to get the same amount of suds with a mitts as you can with sponge.

RS 200
I found that giving the mitt a rub under the water to get the detergent into the fibres, then before you go to the car, ring a bit of the water out, helps to get the suds going abit. Try bringing the mitt out of the water and instead of having a constant stream running from the mit get it so as little amount of water is coming out but keeping enough in to actually wash the car.

I know the problem you mean, I saw the difference when I stopped using the sponge and switched to the mitt, I also use Megs gold class shampoo, have also used the NXT shampoo to.

Chris

ST
CH33MA said:
Thanks Chris, gr8 reply. Are those much better then Alan? Much cheaper aswell.

Yep best i've ever used mate...i'm on my 2nd black clio....i've tried ALOT...

And a tip some may agree with...

In car cleaning/detailing....the most expensive products aren't always the best...

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I have one of them Megs mits and also have Gold class too I do find I get much more suds with NXT wash though, but gold class seams milder to me.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Alan said:
Billy get the anti-bacterial air freshner when it comes on the site or drop David an email....

I got some last night, amazing stuff, not too strong and if your leather is cleaned say ever 2/3 weeks you'll still get the leather smell (if you like the leather smell that is)....

Al.

Cheers Al . Will do . Got a few things i'm gonna order in the next couple of weeks , i'll add it to my list :)

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't know which one is which, but I find the white Megs wash mit is a bit crap but the orange coloured lambswool one is great. With NXT it lathers up loads.

Lee

BMW M2C
CH33MA said:
Yeah the white one is the one i have got Lee. Think i am gonna change it for the car wash n wax one.

I bought one of each and started using the white one, then realised it sucks too. lol

RB 182
I agree with Billy and Alan those two products I use now and I wouldn't go back to Meg's, much better from CarWashnWax. Also get the XXX hardcore wax as that's of the best quality too, excellant products from CarWashnWax can't recommend them enough.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I was always under the impression that the amount of suds doesn't really matter. It's all about how those suds glide the dirt away from the paint? I picked up a Microfibre wash mit recently but prefer using it just like a sponge, my hand doesn't stay in place inside!

Skoda Fabia vRS
i find the suds seem to soften the contact between paintwork and wash mitt, the more suds the better IMO !

Ford AU XR6 VCT falcon
With microfibre mitts, open the cuff right up with your hand in there and dunk into bucket, then to make it suds up like a sponge, add a thin five inch line of your shampoo to the mitt and get to work
Do this a few times and your laughing

It will work better with the better quality shampoo/conditioners
Work one half or one whole panel then turn over mitt and do another half or panel, then clean mitt in second bucket then re dunk always with cuff open to get maximum water to reduce chance of marring

Octavia VRS
I've got the Megs mitt and it's alright but the Carwashnwax one seems to be better and significantly cheaper. I now use the Carwashnwax mitt for the top half of the car and the Megs mitt for the bodywork under the bump strip

i just got a megs lambs wool wash mitt, because my other ones quit eold now and falling to pieces.

has a ''bug remover'' on one side ?