ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Wheel Dilemma

Chelsea tractor
Righty then...

After a lot of faffing about I've decided that I would like to purchase one of two types of wheel for my ickle clio, to replace the "slightly shagged before I bought the car" ones I currently have. And they still have Michelin Alpin 2's on...

Now I'm not too bothered about the size ie. 16" or 17" as long as they are reasonable pretty looking and not too chav ;)
  • The first type is the 182 8 spoke wheels. Either the cup (anthracite) ones, or the silver ones of the same style. To be honest I think I'd prefer silver ones, as my car is silver and the anthracite may be too dark on it.
  • Second type is multi-spoke. I'm currently liking the OZ Superturismo style wheel. Here comes a secondary dilemma...
    - I can get a set of 17" Fox Evo 3's (Chav / pants quality I know :() with a pretty much brand new set of Toyo's for £180. Replace the centre caps with Renault ones and I guess the job's a good 'un. Cheaper than a new set of tyres though...
    - I can also get hold of a 16" set of OZ Superturismo's for about £150 but without tyres... So near enough £350 with a decent set of tyres.
    - On the subject of OZ's you can get 17" Titans with tyres from fleabay for about £200 squid...
Now I'm not looking to spend a vast amount of money on wheels, as being a student I can't really afford it. I would simply like something that is aesthetically pleasing. Form over function if you wish.

I was mainly wondering if anybody had any pics of the above on their clio's as an indication of what my car may look like :) Or whether anyone had any suggestions. Just thought I'd get off my chest that I don't particularly like turini's before any of that started ;)

Muchos gracias