ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My winter chariot.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Decided against a Jeep as I am obviously a f**king r****d and go for LR products every time.

Its in really good condition, Used to be red and rusty last year and is now black and rusty. Has a few extras like heavy as f**k metal bumpers and a cherry bomb exhaust.
I think this may be the worst power output-engine size in the world being a 3.9 V8 with a whopping 180bhp (car weighs 2.4 tonnes) but the noise and sense of ability more than make up for the shocking pace/mpg.

I am doing a bit of off roading in the next few weeks which should be fun and it is at a price/age where it doesn't really matter if it gets scratched.
Really wanted a Defender but they are silly money so I am going to tint the windows this week to make it a little more defender'esq. Have to admit, I actually really enjoy driving it, even has cruise control lol.

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

Am doing a full service on it at the weekend and probably going to get a set of AT tyres.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hmmmm, I'm not a fan of this one I don't think... Take me out in it in a couple of weekends time and I may change my mind.

Did you look at the little wranglers at all?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Hmmmm, I'm not a fan of this one I don't think... Take me out in it in a couple of weekends time and I may change my mind.

Did you look at the little wranglers at all?
Lol, anytime. Think we going to a pay and play site on the 14th if you want to come.. It's a bit too different for most people but I couldn't of bought one if it looked old like 99% of Disco 1's.

Didn't look at Wranglers as I was bidding on a Jeep which I didn't win and then saw this was 2 miles from me so it made sense to buy this one. The noise makes up for almost everything else. ;)

Did you put this up on PH earlier? Saw it in a thread I browsed at lunchtime!
A couple of posts in another fellas thread about his V8?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
They are hilarious to drive. So slow, so much noise... but people just get the f**k out of the way. Oh and you can park them like a complete c**t and nobody cares. My mate sold his in the summer and is missing it as his DD

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like what would happen if you left a Disco in Bradford too long, which is ok as you live in Luton iirc.
Terrible lol
Fololol! I dislike it, a lot.But it's not an issue as it will be sold next week!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Wow. That really is awful. As a toy you clearly don't give a single f**k about though it'll be massive fun.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yep, This is purely to do a bit of off roading/laning over the winter. I like that its s**t as I couldn't care less if it gets damaged.
It's got some hard as f**k front bumper on it, protectors underneath and has a laity exhaust so it's just for a bit of fun.

It's the slowest car I've ever had but it really doesn't bother me lol.
@Cub. I knew you'd like it!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I was looking at something like this over the weekend as I don't fancy driving the Silvia all winter.

Cool chariot dude!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
If you're not a dick like me then a 4.7 V8 Jeep (on lpg) would be a better bet, they are massively capable and very reliable.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Thought is treat it to a little service. I don't think its been serviced since 1999.
E8FB6E00-12FC-411B-A9E5-44AA203BE181_zpsto2shzb8.jpg

82948D11-86EC-4544-91DB-4B4ADAE24D8B_zpsqw9aew77.jpg

I'm hoping this just needs a flush.
E8FB6E00-12FC-411B-A9E5-44AA203BE181_zpsto2shzb8.jpg

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's a cool truck! You'll have some wicked laughs in that!
My mate regularly gets his so deep in water it completely hides the bonnet! Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417024961.172872.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417024969.038182.jpg

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Lol. Apparently the V8s are scared of water so will need some mods before I go wading.
Took it out after I serviced it and it's proper fun. Foot down everywhere and I can't ever break the speed limit.
Green headlights (yes green tint to them and yes I can see and yes they are staying) and a loud exhaust also help.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
V8's do not like water as you say. Not that deep anyway.

As for deciding what tyres to get...ive told you what's best. ;)

Loose the Gumball 3000 cover/sticker!

It really lets down what is starting to become a bit of a budget G-Wagon AMG (in a good way!)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yeh, I will be getting rid soon. I was telling my misses I want a g wagon today when I give up my current job lol