ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mytyres.co.uk

A few months back my tyres had the toyos really cheap on their site. I ordered 4 * toyos 195*45*16s for £110.80 following this I had massive problems with them been out of stock etc. They tried it on saying that orderes would be automatically cancelled after a short time but I kept in there. They even tried selling me a different tyre at £67 each. Well today at last after over 4 months they delivered them:)

So be warned if you want tyres in a rush mytyres might not be the best place to use

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by m@thew on 26 September 2003

So be warned if you want tyres in a rush mytyres might not be the best place to use
Ordered my Toyos and they arrived 3 days later...

190 BHP Willy 2

I need 4 new tyres and was thinking about ordering the Toyo T1-s are they any good? ive heard good things bout them.

Toyos are probably the best value for money tyre out there.

If you want better your looking at quite a price hike.

Ive got Toyos on mine at the moment and they are very good, a lot better than my old Yokos.

Im getting some Goodyears in a couple of weeks with my new alloys but they are twice the price!

172gal, if you want toyos for your wheels i may be able to match the price of mytyres and have them fitted on the wheels by next sat if you are interested.And by the way Settle isnt really that big.

Gord

Gord -

That sounds good! Let me know what price you can do. Im sure ill find it ok, times like these you remind yourself why you paid all that money for sat nav.

Ill be in touch soon.

Hannah

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 26 September 2003

Ah you mean Yokohama Ditch finders. ;)

Im going for Toyo, cant afford eagle F1s at the moment :cry:
Eagle f1s just brought 2 for 96 quid!!! from performancetyresdirect.co.uk inc del (no fitting)

Does that not tell you something?? Surely you get what you pay for??

Performance tyres will not cost £30 each, thats how much a tyre would cost for a 1.0 mini metro.

Seriously mate, for £30 they cannot be a good quality tyre!!

If they were mate, theyd be going for more than £30. (Maybe fell off the back of a lorry)

Performance tyres in general are in excess of £100 each (well they are on a 17 rim)

Mitchy these tyres were bought off http://www.mytyres.co.ukwww.mytyres.co.uk they are in no way dodgy. I got a particular good price when i ordered in MAY. Price as of now is £41.10 in that size (195*45*16), 205*40*17s are £64.30. these are not some budget tyre they are toyo proxy t1-s. Im not claiming they are the best tyre available but they are up there and offer good value for money

web site states - The Proxes T1-S is Toyos top-of-the-range tyre for sports oriented drivers, replacing the existing Proxes T1 Plus tyre.
The tyre, which is available in V, W and Y rated fitments, matches its predecessor in dry handling, low noise and wear resistance but offers substantially improved wet handling and aquaplaning performance.

You should shop around as there are lots of cheap places these days. can I ask what tyres you got for £145 each?

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 27 September 2003

If they were mate, theyd be going for more than £30. (Maybe fell off the back of a lorry)

Performance tyres in general are in excess of £100 each (well they are on a 17 rim)
Hes bought a set of TOYO Proxes for £110, maybe the price was a mistake on the webite or something, who knows but that is what he got them for. A Toyo Proxy is a Toyo Proxy!! so just because it cost les doesnt mean its cheap.

If you like to spend a lot of money have you pants pulled down when you could possible save money then thats your choice I suppose!

<A name=a25>Toyo Proxy 205/40 ZR17 T1-S £65.00

Yokohama AVS Sport (flagship Yokohama) 205/40/17 £71.67

Goodyear Eagle F1 205/40ZR17 £103

Each of my tyres cost £145 :eek:

Do you get a Free Alloy Rim with that as well ;) !!

Even if that included fitting I still think they saw you coming, £145 a corner is megga OTT

Now if it is a Porka GT3 thats a diffrent matter

cheers

matt

I got 4 205/40/17s of the T1-Ss for £169 off mytyres but, like mailto:m@thew">m@thew, they fannied around for a couple of months - there was a big hoohaa about it because they appeared to have halved the price overnight, everyone ordered, and then they said oh, sorry, we cant get them in. Hmmm - f*ck up anyone? Trying to wriggle out of it? Noooooo.... ;)

I havent tried them on the car yet (kinda bought them in advance as they were too cheap to pass up!) but Ive heard theyre pretty good - they were standard fit on TVRs at one point, though I think theyve switched to something else now. I agree that you get what you pay for - its just this time round they were half the normal price!

Most of the big name places like Sh*tFit, Formula1 etc wont touch them as they didnt sell em - so try the little places that look independant or at least look like theyll do a cash in hand job! Think I paid £15 for two tyres to be fitted in balanced, but that was cash in hand so I was a little bit more generous than perhaps I should have been.

[/mug]

They were Michelin Pilot Sports 205/45/17. They can cost from £135-165 each. Search around the web and i can guarantee you they fall in this price range.

Mattcony..... Thats how much they cost mate, i hunted around for days and thats the cheapest i could get them ie £145 each. I got 4 for £550, so worked out around £135 each.

Im sorry but when you lot get cars that have 17s as standard the tyre price do seem to shoot up. I know all the scooby lot spend £150 a tyre for there motors. The MG ZR 160 comes with Michelin pilot sports 205/45/17 as standard so when they are worn, drivers tend to keep the same tyre,.Its the same with my CTR.

Well done to the guy that got 4 for £110, it just seems to good to be true. most people who have performance cars cant even get 1 tyre for that, never mind 4.

Have you considered running 205*40*17s you could save alot of cash, its the most common 17" size and so much cheaper. just check out the prices on that site in that size.

my opinion on toyos is that there are much better tyres available out there

in the wet they are quite simply awful, they provide no grip whatsoever

half decent in the dry, but wear pretty quickly

a set lasted me just shy of 5000 miles and that is on a 1.2 16v. yes i do have a unique driving style, but they should last a little longer IMO

i have a renault clio williams 2 and have just spent £2500 on getting to run as smoth as a babys bum, i have had it for the last two years and think they are the best cars on the road it has no major mods apart from a big exaust and k&n air filter.

Are looking to get toyos for it so send me a reply and tell us how they handle cheers.........

Mk5 R32 (ex.182 (Cupped))

Toyos are bloody great. Done 700 miles on mine now. Only really driven fast in the dry with them, and they seem much better than my old yokos. Havnt had a chance to test in the wet yet.

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 27 September 2003

my opinion on toyos is that there are much better tyres available out there

in the wet they are quite simply awful, they provide no grip whatsoever

half decent in the dry, but wear pretty quickly

a set lasted me just shy of 5000 miles and that is on a 1.2 16v. yes i do have a unique driving style, but they should last a little longer IMO
LOL ;)

Ive got a 340BHP Sti Impreza with 215/40/17 toyos fitted and believe me they are not rubbish.I dont drive slow either ive done a couple of trackdays with them on and some very very fast road driving with toyos fitted.Not only are they fantastic in the dry but in the wet to.

Im a tyre retailer and can get all makes of tyres and i must say i prefer the toyos for there all round performance capability and would recommend them to anyone.

Gord

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Who cares about wet performance, if u were then u wouldnt lower ur car either.

Dont mess when its wet!!!!!!!!! Dry is all that matters IMO, should not be testing the limits of ur tyres in the wet.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

product
price for one
Number.
subtotal

<A onmouseover="window.status=Details: ; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=; return true;" href= "http://www.sicherbestellen.de/cgi-bin/reifendirekt.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=348626.26723&P-ID=&language=&typ=231140&ranzahl=4&Breite=&Herst=&Quer=&Felge=&Speed=&kategorie=&gesanzeige=&rf=&Transport=&dsco=10&sowigan=UToyo PROXES T1-S 195/45 R15 78V Rim-protection So/U
45.90 £
183.60 £
<A onmouseover="window.status=Details: ; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=; return true;" href= "http://www.sicherbestellen.de/cgi-bin/reifendirekt.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=348626.26723&P-ID=&language=&typ=231140&ranzahl=4&Breite=&Herst=&Quer=&Felge=&Speed=&kategorie=&gesanzeige=&rf=&Transport=&dsco=10&sowigan=UToyo PROXES T1-S 195/45 R15 78V Rim-protection So/U^

Price is now £183 for 4 including deliverly to UK and VAT is this still the cheapest im gonna get them?

Quote: Originally posted by coolspot007007 on 28 September 2003

Gord, But would you prefer their wet performance to say Eage F1 GSD2s or Michelin Pilot Exaltos?
I dont know, but all im saying is that they are an excellent all rounder.,

Gord

little off topic but........has ne1 had issues with toyos in the rain?? dear lord the proxes went from being best grip to worst i swear

*edit* and just read rest of post :)

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by Mikey16vClio on 28 September 2003

Who cares about wet performance, if u were then u wouldnt lower ur car either.

Dont mess when its wet!!!!!!!!! Dry is all that matters IMO, should not be testing the limits of ur tyres in the wet.
We live in Britain, where it rains, a lot, so wet weather performance is worth considering. I dont usually test the limits of my tyres too much regardless of weather, but i just found the Toyos particularly bad compared to Pilot Exaltos (worth the extra money IMHO) I found the Pilots to be good in the dry too :)

I only bought the Toyos cos everyone was raving about them, and i was suprised to see how reasonably priced they were, Im afraid its the Michelins next time round.

i had proxes on my astra sport and thought they were crap in the wet but good in the dry, personally prefer michelin pilots

No probs wrc2 have you bought any yet i can supply them at very competative prices.

I havent found them that bad in the wet!!!!

Gord