ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mytyres.net

Does anyone know if the Goodyear F1s Gsd3 they are selling are made in Europe or in Asia? The European compound are supposed to be more suitable for "our" conditions.

Lars

In other words, the Asian compound could be dangerous in Swedish conditions, spring/fall. I´m sure someone have bought tyres from them.

Lars

Ive bought tyres from them and the shopping experience for me was faultless. I dont know about the origin of the tyres though - thats something I never thought of considering - but I should now. I bought a pair of Avons which seem OK.

Maybe the origin only is an issue on the F1s. Swedish Motormagazines warned poeple of buying "dangerous" Asian Goodyears. Of course they are a lot cheaper.

Lars

320d M Sport

i enquired with goodyear, they dnt make that tyre to fit the 172, not the mk2 anyway.... ie 195/45/16.

Paddy

I got 4 Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3s in 195/50/15 for my 172 a few months back from mytyres.net - good service, arrived before they said they would and came shipped from Hanover (I dont know whether that implies theyre European or not). They have E13 stamped on them which is exactly the same as my Dads UK sourced Goodyears - so I think theyre pukka European ones... Might be wrong though???

Matt

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 09 January 2003

Ahhhh buy bridgestones Potenza RE720s

but not until summer cos they are supersh*t in the wet