ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N80 shizzle (pics)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
For all the geeks, or anyone thinking of getting one. Heres a few pics to tempt ya!

Google earth via WiFi

1.jpg

Cliosport via Nokia web browser

2.jpg

MSN via Wifi

5.jpg

Hotspot finder

3.jpg

Gallery

6.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172mk2
right i downloaded Agile Messenger 3 for Nokia Series 60v2
(66xx, 6260, 3230, 7610, N70) tried transfereing but it says not supported

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Just ordered mine about 5 mins ago!

Best deals (for my usage at least) seem to be on the phone companies sites. I got mine direct from www.orange.co.uk £50 for the phone and £25 a month, 12 month contract.

172beast

aaronc said:
Looks like a good phone - is it a 3G enabled phone? I'm ready for an upgrade on 3

Theres a big clue in most pics, says "3G" in the corner as hes obviously somewhere with 3G signal :rasp::rasp:

182 Cup
I have this phone too its good, wanted the black version but was sick of waiting. Got mine on O2, tried to charge me £130 for it (on top of my £30 per month tariff!) so I said I would cancel. Got the phone free and 3 months free bills :)
Dont think 3 offer this phone though

pics are quality on the N80, well impressed with mine. Still gotta set up the wireless net though.

Golf GTI 1.8T
that hotspot finder is quality!!

it reckons the strength of wireless router downstairs is 20% though, weird as its sitting next to the laptop which has 100% lol

Clio 172mk2
yer i noticed that , upstaires i get 100% , in back rooms / garden its down to 50 or less, but in front room i get 0% not found etc, which is the room i wanted to use it.

dont matter though can allways use gprs .

power consuption when using wifi is alot though , im having to charge my fone every day

Revels Mum & Sister
Do you find the Web browser drops? I am quite happily taking a s**t and then it crashes and I get Angry!

Good phone though. Been using the server software to control the MP3's on my comp thats pretty cool.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It arrives tomorrow :)

It'll be interesting to see if the o2 handsets do have the new firmware installed as standard.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
rmccardel, nokias have come a long way mate, menu system is pretty quick on the latest phones. altho iv never had a problem with any since really old Nokias.

Web browser drops on occasion, have u got the latest firmware? Opera is a good browser for them instead of the Nokia one.

Golf GTD
this phone isnt slow is it?

my friend has a 6230 and that is slowwwwwwww. I mean it takes about 30mins to unlock the keypad.

i wanna get this phone, but not if its slow.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Just put agile messenger on it. How cool is it talking to your mates on msn on your phone. love it. Isnt slow slow, but is a second pause or so on bigger apps. But nothing annoying. This is my first nokia since my 7210, back in the day, and im very impressed, they have certainly come a very long way. Would recommend it to anyone. Only thing that annoys me is the lack of auto key lock, whats that all about. lol. Love being able to open stuff using the voice control, and being able to use it to change profiles to. How cool is that.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If it's like the 6630 then always make sure and close down all open apps, they do remain open in the background if you have used the hangup button to exit rather than hitting the close app button. Press and hold the menu button to open a list of all active apps, highlight each and press C to close them. That should help speed the phone up if it appears slower than usual.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Can you use the phone as a wireless card for a pc/laptop connected through usb to access the net?

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Yeah I am sure this one is better. Only seen/used an N70 and I thought it was horribly slow.

Adams_16v said:
rmccardel, nokias have come a long way mate, menu system is pretty quick on the latest phones. altho iv never had a problem with any since really old Nokias.

Web browser drops on occasion, have u got the latest firmware? Opera is a good browser for them instead of the Nokia one.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i reckon auto key lock will happen in a future firmware release.

as you know it currently asks you to lock when you close it, but it would be handy no just lock itself.

not sure if u can use it as a wireless card tho mate.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
No, i cant find anyway to do it yet. Isnt really much point in it doing it, as most laptops come with it built in now, but was just a thought. Anyone else have any free apps for it? In an installing mood today. lol.