ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N96 Mini review

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
this is my personal opinion only - so dont start moaning!!

looks - i think it looks pretty good, apart from the white light up buttons. they look a bit cheap and naff.

feel - very solid, much more solid than the n95

useability - normal nokia layout, so pretty easy to use. millions of options and pretty much everything is changeable and customizable which is good. but button 123 are a little difficult to press as the slide up part of the screen is to close.

memory - 60mb internal memory, 16gb hard drive and memory card slot. ive got a 6gb Micro sd card so all in all 22b of memory, beat that iphone!!

satnav - came preloaded and havent had to pay for a license as of yet, not sure if you get time free or not? picks up a gps signal very very quickly and in generel the satnav is alot better to use. im guessing nokia have put alot of work into it. it also has a walk option if your using it to walk somewhere now.

internet - fooking amazing......... click on bbc iplayer connect via a wifi point. then click on a program and it takes a few seconds, yes seconds to load and you can watch what you like. its so quick, no buffering or judering and its like crystal clear.

camera - same as the n95, 5mp camera. the macro has been improved and it has a double flash which you can turn on as a light of the video camera.

all in all i love it, yes its pretty similar to the n95 but its just generally been improved. there are not lots of buttons down the side of the case so when clamping it into the car holder you do not press all the buttons which is good.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
the new feature pack is nice, but the OS is the same old thing.

How are you finding the navi wheel, the ones ive used don't work.

Last edited:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
OMG is the software on the n96 buggy!!

when the n95 came out i thoght it was ok and with the latest firmware update my n95 runs 100% perfect. fast no freezing or resetting.

all the n96 does is freeze and reset, nokia better start getting some software updates out there.

BMW M135i
Oh yes its in dire need of a good firmware update. Starting to get on my tits now tbh, although the N95 wasn't brilliant from the off either. But simple things like messaging hang like fook some times for no reason.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
n95 works just perfect with the latest firmware update.

there is currently an update for the n96 out but it makes no difference