ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N96/N78 announced.

BMW M135i
The N96 is my next phone without a doubt, once again nokia have moved it up a step. Obviously targeting the iphone with the 16gb internal memory, but imo the iphone doesn't come near the current N95 8gb in terms of features anyway.

B

Brown.

N810 looks sexy :)

i have the n95 at the mo, really not fussed about changing it befor my contract ends, so think al hold out for 96 as a free upgrade.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The N96 is my next phone without a doubt, once again nokia have moved it up a step. Obviously targeting the iphone with the 16gb internal memory, but imo the iphone doesn't come near the current N95 8gb in terms of features anyway.

Not really, its got all the same (useable) features of the N95 8Gb.

BMW M135i
Well with the DVB and the 16gb memory its a step up as far as me anyway. But i'm no expert on these things.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
DVB is years away in the UK.

16gb AND a memory card slot, plus it has S60 FP2 but thats mainly running issues.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The N96 hasn't evolved much at all. Not very impressed with the so called new handsets, same boring OS. The new SE is a better option.

2014 Focus Titanium
I'll definitely be getting the N96! Looks a cracker!

Thecreamegg - schoolboy error son! Nokia always launch their new flagship phones aroung spring time :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I doubt it will be available in the UK anytime soon.

we dont have DVB-H

Mini Cooper S sport
N96 looks very nice! It's always the way though, as soon as you buy a phone, a better one comes out. I love my k850i, the only thing it lacks is a light for videoing.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'd not currently compare any of the Nokia phones with a iPhone, they are completely different to use. The iPhone is better (IMO).

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
is it???

in your opintion. in my opintion i like nokias.

the iphone is old news, nokia did it so long ago with the n91

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
is it???

in your opintion. in my opintion i like nokias.

the iphone is old news, nokia did it so long ago with the n91

The n91 was a shockingly s**t phone, no comparison. If you knew much about the N91 you wouldnt even mention it.

(I personally use an S60 phone)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
in it day it was a good phone.

granted its not now days. but its an iphone. ok didnt have the fancy menu but so what. does everything and more the iphone can

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
But not in a useable way, you miss the point.

My E51 does more than an iphone, but is it better? No.

The UI/Mail client/Browser/Music player are MILES ahead of anything S60 offers and those are the things that people use most.

S60 Touch and UIQ4 will have a better chance against mOS x

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
really not useable??

i find them quite the opposite.

i find them very easy and userfriendly

VX220 Turbo
if you know what you're doing you can make the n95 do everything the iphone does and more,

wifi web browsing ...yes
integrated gps / satnav ...yes
msn messenger... yes
mp3 player ... yes
5mp camera ... yes

way better than the i phone and a lot cheaper. the n96 is just a more polished version imo

Citroen DS3 DSport
LOL, brick wall.

It would appear to be that way :D

Prior to the iPhone I used Nokia's for many years but the ease of use provided by the iPhone is far superior. I look forward to seeing how Nokia and SE advance but on the evidence of the N96 we'll have to wait slightly longer for Nokia. When they step up their game I'll no doubt return.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well the first UIQ4 devices are announced on wednesday, and so far SE have impressed me with the X1, because like it or not hardware keyboards are better. S60 Touch (Or S60 v4) simply builds on S60, its not a touch interface from the ground up like UIQ is.

Its not about WHAT it can do its about HOW it does it.

The S60 web browser is awesome, but mobile safari kicks its arse.
Now my E51 can broadcast its 3G signal to my iPT it barely gets used for browsing.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The SE X1 is the phone that's interesting me but I'm in a iPhone contract till next Spring anyway.

The iPhone/Touch web browser is excellent, the best I've used on a mobile device.

Clio on SL 2118s
nokia all day.
got an n73 at the moment and getting an upgrade in april/may/june time.
anyone know when this is being released?

hopefully my mate will get the n95 then i get this. because we ended up with the same phone last time

Clio 1.2 16v
The next nokia phone needs to have an optical zoom IMO, they camera on the N95 isn't all that, i thought it was mint when i first got it but now its just.... gash. Keeps crashing and freezing. I've flashed it, and updated firmware but no luck oh well

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
im very happy with the n95 8GB.

N96 looks good, but pointless if we cant receive the DVB in the UK yet. Only real difference is its styling and double the memory. Considering I've still for about 6GB left I cant see if being a need for me though, but should be handy for media junkies!

Der Panzer
Mines fine! v20 ftw!

Knowsit, young Skywalker.

I've had a couple of crashes since I upgrade the firmware, but it wasn't while I was in the middle of something or for no reason; it's a very specific and infrequent flaw.

Loving the Podcasting app. The Youtube app is pretty flawless to.

My only real beef is that you can't have Realplayer ask you for an access point, that's the only minor ballache.

2014 Focus Titanium
Agreed on all those points Obewan, but what do you mean youtube app? I just use Tinytube, is yours any better?

VaVa
I have the YouTube app on my N95... is fantastic. i only use it through my router though. Not sure what it's like on 3G.