ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Name that sound!

Nimbus Clio 200 Cup
Im looking for help in solving a question i have been asking myself since i first gave my car the full beans.

I get a chirping noise when changing gear at high revs, it doesnt sound wrong, i just dont know what causes the noise.

I have a vid on youtube below, you can hear it in both changes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2UjVIEvBIA

Answers on a postcard please!

There's a raccoon in your glovebox.

Seriously though, mine doesn't make that noise, I'd take it back to Renault.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
nice running in period though there are renault uk people on these forums. i would say the insturment panel is set incorrectly as thats what beeping

It seems some people are confused.

He's not talking about the shift beep, turn your volume up, listen out for the "chirp" just after the shift beep, it shouldn't be making that noise.

Storm grey 200
It's your audible shift indicator. and it's perfectly normal. Notice it is accompanied by the "shift light"

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
to be honest i didnt really listen as he has the radio on which really helps matters. and i was thinking thats not run in really he can hardly take it back and say when i give it the full beans i get this noise, as anything that goes wrong with that car it will be on there system he didnt run it in correctly

What is there to kid about?
It's a Renault. Part of the assembly process is fitting a bag of rattles and a box of strange noises. :)

Seriously, it sounds like trim or exhaust to me and not engine/ mechanical.
I don't think I'd be too worried but that's me.

'04 182
It's something to do with the induction but I thought onlt turbo cars did it (something to do with the wastegate). My smart used to do it when I put the K&N induction kit on it. Rally cars do it too if you listen.