ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang ns2r peoples reviews ?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've been waiting over a month for tweeks to deliver mine, didn't know if snakebelly meant them or Nankangs :smile: I'm hoping for great things, I'll be gutted if they don't at least match 888s

A guy on here did a review of the nangkangs vs the Toyos a while back

Iirc the verdict was

The ns2 and the T1R are both equally matched, top of the range budget tyres.

The R888 is still the daddy when you're chasing time and competing.

If you're just f**king around on the road or on track with no competitive element and you don't need every tenth you can grab, the ns 2r is more than adequate.

From what I gather, the ar1 is going to be a step beyond the ns 2r so may actually be a competitor to the r888

Clio 220 PH2
A guy on here did a review of the nangkangs vs the Toyos a while back

Iirc the verdict was

The ns2 and the T1R are both equally matched, top of the range budget tyres.

The R888 is still the daddy when you're chasing time and competing.

If you're just f**king around on the road or on track with no competitive element and you don't need every tenth you can grab, the ns 2r is more than adequate.

From what I gather, the ar1 is going to be a step beyond the ns 2r so may actually be a competitor to the r888
It would be nice if they are a good competitor to the 888s :) save some pennies on track tyres lol

BG182 + M3
I cant wait to try the AR1's though I cant see them lasting long with an 80 wear rating!

Clio 220 PH2
AR1s have just been dispatched, can't do the next track day unfortunately to try them, no brakes and just bought my dancing shoe so skint 😧
Nice so shouldn't be too long till there are here then :). When are you thinking your next track day will be ?

Clio 220 PH2
It'll be 17th of July, my 888s may do another, I need to check them. Not gone near the car since I noticed my brakes were dead tbh :fearscream:
Nice one what track are you going to ?
Haha I don't blame you mate try and put that to the back of the mind till pay day

Clio 220 PH2
I go to Kirkistown in NI, not much choice over here!
Yes, royally F'd off about my brakes so no more track fun for a while 😧
O right is it a good track ?
I can imagine mate my rear pads need changing which I am not happy about they lasted 1 trackday maybe this second one I am going on soon but they will need changing before the ring :(

O right is it a good track ?
I can imagine mate my rear pads need changing which I am not happy about they lasted 1 trackday maybe this second one I am going on soon but they will need changing before the ring 😧

Yeah I like it but it's short ~1.5 miles, one corner flat in fourth, couple of heavy stops, lacks elevation change though.

Clio 220 PH2
They do 10 track days a year there, I only missed two last year, already missed one this year, I wanted to do them all! Travelling to another track somewhere is something I need to do :smile:
Haha next year will be there year you will make the complete set :) I wish I could do more track days and at the minute everyone is posting about there track days this year and my car is still stuck in the garage lol, not much longer till its out on track though :)
Got to do it mate some really good tracks out there I want to do some different one this year (Cadwell is on my list)

The AR1s finally came

1CEABCF6-7F29-4F65-BEE9-7CCCE379036C_zpskwwqyxox.jpg

Clio 220 PH2
just a pair, my original rear RS-Rs have done 11 track days and still have plenty of life in them, I didn't like them on the front but are great on the rear
Well saves having loads of wheels and tyres all over the place. I might start try different tyres front and rear see how the car performs when I start needing more tyres and have another set of wheels :)
Them RS-Rs have lasted well :)

Clio 220 PH2
For the money they're fantastic, sidewalls were a bit soft for me in the front but can't at all :smile:
This is it and you don't need ultimate grip on the rear all the time get the old gal side ways lol :)
Need to get a set of 15" wheels will make the car so much better and cheaper on tyres lol

Clio 220 PH2
@LeeRS i totally agree
Some more tyres to buy I need a pay rise at work and go into tyre testing haha
I am in the process of getting a set of 15" so I will try and try them both :)
Haha they should do the same for the iPhones as well lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
@MarkX how are the AR-1's performing out of interest, seems hard to find any sort of subjective review of them at the mo