ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang ns2r peoples reviews ?

Clio 220 PH2
When people here are saying X is better than Y, what are your applications? That is, competition, hill climbs, etc etc or general track use?

Of course the r888 is going to be better at finding extra time and grip when you're competing and you need the best, but they also come at a cost.

The tyres I've been looking at for a few track days a year are here mostly from camskill and oponeo

225/45/17

R888 - £128
Ad08r - £100
Ns2r - £82
595 RSR - £77

I'd expect the r888s to be the best at that price, but just because I'm ducking around on track and not chasing time, the cheaper options would do for me.

I really want to try RSRs after going out in pacmans car on them last year, but I've currently got ns2rs which I've found to be epic on the front. I need another two for the rear now, I bought some wheels with 2 ns2rs and 2 conti3s and chucked them on as is for oulton a few weeks back. The ns2rs were pretty ace even from cold, almost catching me out at lodge on the first lap lol
Well my car will be used mostly for track days but won't take much to change it over to a competition car if I ever make the step over.
I just like to hear what people recommend see the different options
There is a big price difference but I always look at it if they are good and last I don't mind paying extra if you know what I mean. I have heard good reports of the NS2Rs just wanted to find out on a clip application how they get on :)
Haha I can imagine that's an interest experience lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Well my car will be used mostly for track days but won't take much to change it over to a competition car if I ever make the step over.
I just like to hear what people recommend see the different options
There is a big price difference but I always look at it if they are good and last I don't mind paying extra if you know what I mean. I have heard good reports of the NS2Rs just wanted to find out on a clip application how they get on :smile:
Haha I can imagine that's an interest experience lol

I was just after a different side of the story to people saying they're sticking to the r888s lol.

I've heard of brand new ns2rs being shredded through the canvas in a day, and of them lasting for quite a while.

As I'm not competitive and aiming to just learn to use the car correctly on track, I'm just after something with more grip than road tyres can give, so far, I've found the nangkangs more than up to the job.

As I progress and get better brakes and generally smoother and faster on track, the ns2rs may end up holding me back so I'll have to start shelling out on tyres to find the extra grip as I get better. But for now they're ideal.

Thankfully the Clio is better than I am so it allowed me to correct it with no problem :D

I actually ended up playing about with sliding it through the chicanes at the end of the day when it was wet with a bit of left foot braking :D

Clio 220 PH2
I was just after a different side of the story to people saying they're sticking to the r888s lol.

I've heard of brand new ns2rs being shredded through the canvas in a day, and of them lasting for quite a while.

As I'm not competitive and aiming to just learn to use the car correctly on track, I'm just after something with more grip than road tyres can give, so far, I've found the nangkangs more than up to the job.

As I progress and get better brakes and generally smoother and faster on track, the ns2rs may end up holding me back so I'll have to start shelling out on tyres to find the extra grip as I get better. But for now they're ideal.

Thankfully the Clio is better than I am so it allowed me to correct it with no problem :smiley:

I actually ended up playing about with sliding it through the chicanes at the end of the day when it was wet with a bit of left foot braking :smiley:

Haha i know what you mean it's a bit like me finding out about these NS2Rs just gauging how good or bad they are before I spin it in front of everyone lol
I have heard similar things I would imagine it's the inconsistency in the product stage some are made better than the other and it was there first track tyre they have made, I am looking forward to the new AR1s when they come out in 16"
I think that's what I need to do learn the car and build up but you know what it's like someone passes you (normally my dad in these cases) and then smooth good driving goes out the window for me lol

The trusty Clio I love mine I really do I just want to get it built now lol
I must admit I really want to take mine out in the wet see how I get on because they look so much fun in the wet. I haven't really tried sliding in the dry yet though lol

My mate ran these for the first time on his Pug 206 GTi 180 at a Silverstone track day and ran all day with no issues. Grip level down slightly on the R888's were used to but for the money I rate them. In fact so much I stuck a set on my Alfa 147 2.0 TS Track Toy and ran at Oulton and Cadwell with no dramas and not too much wear. Looking at them I suspect the heat cycles will be the undoing of them but only time will tell. A bit down on lateral grip compared to the 888 but found them not too bad in the damp, predictable and had good feel.

Clio 220 PH2
My mate ran these for the first time on his Pug 206 GTi 180 at a Silverstone track day and ran all day with no issues. Grip level down slightly on the R888's were used to but for the money I rate them. In fact so much I stuck a set on my Alfa 147 2.0 TS Track Toy and ran at Oulton and Cadwell with no dramas and not too much wear. Looking at them I suspect the heat cycles will be the undoing of them but only time will tell. A bit down on lateral grip compared to the 888 but found them not too bad in the damp, predictable and had good feel.
Yeah I think for the ultimate grip the 888s but for the price of the NS2Rs they are not too bad from what people are saying. It's just my painic is that I don't get there and back on a set of tyres and 3 track days lol. But I need to set the car up and see what wear I then get because the 888s shouldn't have worn as fast as they have (to still be road legal)

L200
I've fitted a set of NS2R 120s on my sprint and hillclimb car. The car runs in the road rally class so doesn't have too many mods.
I did a sprint on Saturday at Llandow and they seemed to provide plenty of grip even in the morning when it was wet.
Sunday was a hillclimb at Llys y Fran and it was really dry (although a bit greasy under the trees). I was pleasantly surprised at the grip - I came out of corners realising that I could have gone a lot quicker although this was my first hillclimb in the car so I was taking it easy -

L200
And Llandow

With a bit of confidence in the car (second only sprint) and a bit more commitment it could have been way quicker with the grip from the Nankangs.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Had Nankangs all round on my 924S, but driving on the road to a sprint on a wet day was a terrifying experience under braking, and they then were relegated to rear tyre duty for Autosolos only so that I could get the tail out without even using the handbrake.
I would never buy that brand again.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Got a thread or anything on the Alfa?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Had Nankangs all round on my 924S, but driving on the road to a sprint on a wet day was a terrifying experience under braking, and they then were relegated to rear tyre duty for Autosolos only so that I could get the tail out without even using the handbrake.
I would never buy that brand again.

Were they Nangkang ns2rs?

Nangkang are known to be pretty s**t but the ns2r is a decent tyre ime

Clio 220 PH2
I've fitted a set of NS2R 120s on my sprint and hillclimb car. The car runs in the road rally class so doesn't have too many mods.
I did a sprint on Saturday at Llandow and they seemed to provide plenty of grip even in the morning when it was wet.
Sunday was a hillclimb at Llys y Fran and it was really dry (although a bit greasy under the trees). I was pleasantly surprised at the grip - I came out of corners realising that I could have gone a lot quicker although this was my first hillclimb in the car so I was taking it easy -

The car looks like it handling the corners very well not really seen a vid with the NS2Rs on a Clio. I know before the AR1s they were the tyre they used in the MX5 champ and a few others and they seem to rate them

L200
Thanks Ben.
The car has way more talent than me! The NS2Rs are also used by the Civics I think but they are the 100 wear rate and these aren't E marked so not suitable for road use / road going classes.
Wyn

Clio 220 PH2
Thanks Ben.
The car has way more talent than me! The NS2Rs are also used by the Civics I think but they are the 100 wear rate and these aren't E marked so not suitable for road use / road going classes.
Wyn
Same with me mate I make my car look slow lol
O right I wasn't sure but I would imagine there isn't a massive difference between the two would there ?

L200
O right I wasn't sure but I would imagine there isn't a massive difference between the two would there ?
I guess the 100 wear rate compound would be slightly more grippy but wear more quickly of course.

The AR1s aren't currently approved by the Motor Sports Association so no good for me for sprints and hillclimbs.

Clio 220 PH2
I guess the 100 wear rate compound would be slightly more grippy but wear more quickly of course.

The AR1s aren't currently approved by the Motor Sports Association so no good for me for sprints and hillclimbs.
Yes I would imagine they would off more it would be interesting to see the grip level between 888s and the 100 compound NS2Rs
O right I thought they were to replace the NS2Rs in some championships

Clio 220 PH2
I ordered a pair of AR1 from tweeks a month ago with a 7-10 day lead time, still no show and no date for them either :angry:
I have heard demon tweeks can be funny on delivery, I would be calling them everyday and asking where's my tyres. Did you get them in 15" ?

L200
The Nankangs don't grip very well when they don't touch the tarmac :)
69863.jpg

Ben NBR Cup & MarkX
Please don't buy these if you think they are going to be better than 888's they definitely are not!
BUT they are considerably cheaper and from my experience on my Alfa 147 Track Slag and that of my mate on his track car they are £ for £ much better value for money and give nearly comparable performance

Got a thread or anything on the Alfa?
No mate but its an 02 Alfa 147 TS with Koni Yellow adjustables all round custom lowering springs, MTEC discs and DS2500 fronts and pagid rears. Its been fully polybushed, all new gear linkage from my hand to the box and recon calipers all round, new handbrake cables, new drop links new wishbones, oil coller etc etc etc...you get the picture:)
Its done about 6 trackdays and been totally reliable which may shock some people! ?Its not the fastest thing on track but brakes for england and takes the bendy bits well. Its hopefully off to its new home in London Thursday ~(fingers crossed!)
Decided to move it on as the next step was a full interior strip, cage and some engine mods and getting cages and engine upgrade parts for Alfa's gets expensive hence I'm now here as we have got a 182.

Sorry for the hijack ...

Ben NBR Cup & MarkX
Please don't buy these if you think they are going to be better than 888's they definitely are not!
BUT they are considerably cheaper and from my experience on my Alfa 147 Track Slag and that of my mate on his track car they are £ for £ much better value for money and give nearly comparable performance

AR1? I already tried Nankangs and totally agree with you!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
No mate but its an 02 Alfa 147 TS with Koni Yellow adjustables all round custom lowering springs, MTEC discs and DS2500 fronts and pagid rears. Its been fully polybushed, all new gear linkage from my hand to the box and recon calipers all round, new handbrake cables, new drop links new wishbones, oil coller etc etc etc...you get the picture:)
Its done about 6 trackdays and been totally reliable which may shock some people! ?Its not the fastest thing on track but brakes for england and takes the bendy bits well. Its hopefully off to its new home in London Thursday ~(fingers crossed!)
Decided to move it on as the next step was a full interior strip, cage and some engine mods and getting cages and engine upgrade parts for Alfa's gets expensive hence I'm now here as we have got a 182.

Sorry for the hijack ...

Sounds awesome, would love to see a thread or some pictures of it!