ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang Tyres...Any good? Any one heard of them?

Civic Vtec y0
I need four new tyres for my MOT so I couldnt really afford to get decents ones. Was looking on mytyres.co.uk for some cheap and nasty ones to get it thru the MOT and came accross Nankang tyres, apartently a Jap performance make??

They were only 90p dearer the the budget tyre so thot I would give them a go? Any one else heard of them or got them?

Only £34 each delivered so im not expecting much lol

MINI Cooper S
I have experience of them once, they had been on my mates BMW for like 40k miles lol... they are very solid, and crack up before they wear down lol.... as for grip.... :dead: :dead: SHITE! lol So overall, a cheap, nasty, shitty tire lol...

53 Clio's & counting
one word........NASTY

anyone after some half decent budgets get some barum bavarius,its what we sell at work and barum are made my conti,and they not half bad for cheepies

Civic Vtec y0
I have experience of them once, they had been on my mates BMW for like 40k miles lol... they are very solid, and crack up before they wear down lol.... as for grip.... :dead: :dead: SHITE! lol So overall, a cheap, nasty, shitty tire lol...
lol kind of what i expected! but then again it was only £34 a tyre

53 Clio's & counting
i can get michelin pilot exalto's for £28 quid a piece,and eagle f1's for £38 quid a piece........

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
mine are called fullruns.. £40 a corner fitted in 205/40/17 :rasp: oh yes they are crap

Audi TT 3.2 V6
i scoured ebay

got 2xgoodyear eagle f1s for £100 brand new.
They were from a garage, all legit..stickers still on. Apparently the garage simply sold the tyres on the cheap once they had been in stock 6months so that the customer paying fullprice got a fresh set. whether it was bs i dont know...but i dont care either lol

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
They are known in the trade as Nankang 'ditchfinders' only partially better than the woosung lightnings.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
When i bought my car, these shite nankangs were on the front, driving in the wet felt like driving on ice. Anyway its time for a change so exaltos are going on!!

mazda 2 sport white
one word crap
but if you don't have much money they would save you points
from Mr police man ,all i can say is there is a difference , like watches if you had the money for a tag would you get a timex ? same as tyres . but good tyres are more important .

53 Clio's & counting
would be be a good idea guys if i got a list of what i can buy from my supplier and list it for u?

K20 eg 217 whp.
iv just had two new nankangs on the front from mytyres and for £30 each i cant complain i had yoko's on before but they were another £20 each so i got the cheapest.

Dont know if people that think they are shat have driven with them because they are not bad at all obviously not the best but no way are they crap!

53 Clio's & counting
i think it depends on how,what and where u drive,my experience's with them have been shocking,but i have to say i would prefere nankangs to the corriors i have on the front at the mo,they are just plain dangerous

il get the prices for everyone in the week :)

K20 eg 217 whp.
i think it depends on how,what and where u drive,my experience's with them have been shocking,but i have to say i would prefere nankangs to the corriors i have on the front at the mo,they are just plain dangerous

I drive quite hard but i have full spax kit so that helps with the handling anyway. Good tyres if you are poor, dont know what the alternatives are for £30 per a 195.45.15 tyre?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
False economy, cheap tyres make car handle worse so why buy car in first place.
If you can get 205 exaltos for £28, thats going some, so why bother with a average brand:S

But talk is cheap as we have seen before.

Civic Vtec y0
If you can get 205 exaltos for £28, thats going some, so why bother with a average brand:S

I cant get them for that price mate, these were the cheapest I could get. Away only had them in the wet so far and yes there gash!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
You pay more for michelins & contis, but in the end they are good value.

Especially with our countries weather ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
What out for the F1's there is a thread out the foreign made ones being crap.

I'm running Hankook Ventus Prime's on my car ATM, havent noticed a big enough difference in a bad way from them than the michelins to make me want to spend the extra on michelins,

oh, i'm talking about 15" tyres btw, 185/55/15s (the most expensive 15" tyre size I've heard) and the tyres cost me £34 a corner, thats the tyre, including vat, fitted, balanced and with a new valve and the old 1 disposed of.