ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NBE to site

Hello all,

Only just registered with the forum! I work for FFWD motorsport in Worcester and i need some help with regards to chosing mods engine wise for my clio 172. What do you all recommend for a exhaust, filter and ecu? The inlet will come from hillpower! You help on this one would be much appraicated!!

Kev:cool:

172 M69 eater

hi mate

welcome to the club!

i aint got a clue on 172s as i have a mark1 so i hope u find the help ur lookin for, u should do anyway!!

patty

ps. how bout sortin us a club discount from ffwd!! u know it makes sense!

Exhaust - Personally, Hayward & Scott.

Air Filter - Green Cotton Filter replacement or Viper.

ECU - Dastek chip, ive heard is the best to go with other mods.

*edit* Oh and Welcome to Cliosport! :D

Hah.

When I got my bodykit from them, the lad said "We cant give you discount you on this, as its a new item.. and we make more money as people will pay full whack.."

:(

Quote: Originally posted by patty on 24 February 2004

ps. how bout sortin us a club discount from ffwd!! u know it makes sense!
Possibly mate. I used to have a 1.2 8V clio 97, you can hammer the crap out of those motors and they just dont break (mine didnt anyway!). But now 20 i opted for the 172, but comming over insurance at the moment (1500)........a little high but if thats what i gotta pay the so b it!

Well if there are any of you out there with some answers for me please help.

Cheers, Kev

172 M69 eater

yeh i aint got out of uni yet, so will look at somethin better in the long term then! if you can sort out a discount, best to send an email to a club rep or jas (club chairmain)

free bump for your post!

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 24 February 2004

Hah.

When I got my bodykit from them, the lad said "We cant give you discount you on this, as its a new item.. and we make more money as people will pay full whack.."

:(
Honestly? I cant imagine someone saying that personally!!

Alot of people seem to go for the supersprint exhaust! Why? sound and performance better? As for the filter i will go for the hillpower one but chip........im not sure off.

supersprint is damn loud and sounds the muts also very very good power increase if decated aswell but you cant get hold of the race systems anymore (only ones worth going for)