ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nearly stacked it racing a boxster

on way back from work, got on the A34 off the M60 and noticed porsche heaadlights behind me and hoped it would be that of a boxsters and it was! he pulled level and gave it a little blast with a smile on his face like "ha ha a clio wants to race ME? all over his arse although he was pulling awaay EVER so slightly, then i got infront and he seemed tio give up, went past a roundabout and i slowe down coming out of it, he was behind so i indicated for him to overtake, was expecting him to pull level but he just went past so i gave chase, hit another roundabout and in all fairness he pulled even more of a gap(those f**kers can corner!) i managed to gain some of it back, hit another roundabout and all over his ass agian, he moved over and i started going past till we hit another roundabout and he pulled more of a gap, againg gained some back, as i reached for 5th i was pulling him back but by then we were doin 120ish and for some reason he thought it would be really clever to slam on the anchors! so islamed them on also and for some reason my car pulled to the left! at 100mph+ its a bit scary, i honestly thought that was it for the clio but i came off brakes and it straightened up. gave him the foglight flash and hazards but he just got off, think he was a bit anoyed a clio gave him such a hard time! boxster 1, clio 0, but ONLY just!

CTR EK9 turbo

Nice work dude. Glad you didnt stack it into his ass. I hate it when to$$ers slam their brakes on when in a racing situation. Those Boxsters are definately in our league, not too sure about the Boxster S tho....never come accross one of those yet.....i think the S would be a different kettle of fish....

The first race i ever had in my car was against a Porsche Boxster (supposed to be running it in haha). Pushing him along quite nicely. He was definately more confident through the corners though......Bit common tho, boxsters - i see more of them than 16vs, willys and 172s put together!

yeah, heard the Boxster S is not to be messed with, rumour theat they brake from 100-0 in 2.9secs?!!?!!!! not shy then! was very suprised at his cornering though cos i expected to have the edge due to suspension mods and being a bit of a loony around corners but he just left me on them!

On sharper or shallower corners it may have been a little differnet though cos these roundabouts were taken at 50-60 meaning i had to shift from 2nd to 3rd mid corner...........think on the verge of grip, then think massive and sudden weight transfer! a little scary!

CTR EK9 turbo

hahahaa you nutter! nice to hear about some good racin. I always get myself prepd when i see a boxster, and then try and read the back letters to see if its an "S" or not, but if not then "game on!". Yeah i expect on long motorway corners around 140 theyd be pretty stable where our clios are quite nervous. Had this when racing an S3, it looked like his back was twitching and i didnt want to lift off, dont fancy a 140 mph drift!

i use the company boxterS in HK and well, a clio is no match really.

But Porsches dont half pull ladies, i had 4 in it once!

well looks that way after tonight, still got my front and rear strut to fit and my tyre pressures are all over the show after york, would quite like to compare when all is ready though, the clio does seem to have a hell of a lot of grip around most corners, so when strutted it can only get better!

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 29 May 2003

i use the company boxterS in HK and well, a clio is no match really.

But Porsches dont half pull ladies, i had 4 in it once!
yeah, heard alot of good things about the s and certainly wouldnt be stupid enough to give one a go. gave a GT4 a go when my 1.8 was standard:oops:, to this day i still cant believe how stupidly fast this thing was, it was like i was in reverse!

CTR EK9 turbo

nice. What sorta pressures do you drop the fronts by for dragging? lesbian love story on channel 4 in a min...sorry it was just advertised, may be up a bit later tonight....;)

i had reaars at 40(so there is no squat when coilovers are stiff) and the front at about 25, usually have rears at 31 and front at 29, but at the mo i just let the rears down a bit so they wouldnt pop. the tyre pressure may have somat to do with the car wnting to turn left when braking at 100+mph!

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

BenR, when you say "had", do you mean "had" or "had" ;) cos if you meant "had", I hoped you wiped the seats down...

CTR EK9 turbo

yeah and carry some wood to touch and dont walk or drive under ladders........could cause bad luck, maybe not for you in reality, but sure as hell will be for the bloke up it..

a quick question on the boxter and clean16v:

because clean16vs car is obviously a flier (14.4 Qtr - top time mate(y)), does that mean that a bog standard 172 (like mine) with no mods would have quite a hard job at keeping up with the boxter? havent encountered one yet, but would like to know how I "should" do against one......

TBH honest mate, my car is still stripped out, had less then 1/4 tank of petrol and i was really pushing it tonight and still just losing out(fair enough if pressures were right i could have pushed it around corners harder) but all in all i lost while caning my car, for all i know he could have been driving fast but not pushing it to its limits. if your car can run in the 14s down the strip then on the road there is prob very little in it. Depends if yours is a hot one or not!

cheers mate!

yet to try it on the strip so dont know how quick it is.

all i know is it pulls like a train, and when I had a scrap with a BMW 330ci last night I was all over its bumper in 1st and 2nd. the guy backed off in 3rd as i think he was a bit embarrassed!!! Not THE fastest ive been up against, but a nice recent scalp....

whats standard 172 qtr mile time?

Nice! Ive had one or two races that are a bit OTT. Something I would never normally do - by feck does you heart race when its over! Had one with another car once in the pi$$ing rain - was cornering over 100mph and couldnt feel the steering at all - it was only after I thought about it!

120d Sport

Im not suprised it was very close as we all know there are two types of boxster the normal one and the "S" however there is a slight difference in the normal boxsters the pre 2002 models had 8BHP less and probably less torque, 2002 and onwards have the extra 8BHP, i have listed the stats below of the 3 types of boxster:

2002 onwards - 2.7litre, 228BHP, 0 - 60 in 6.3s, 0 - 100 in 15.2, 1/4 mile in 14.8@99mph.

Pre 2002 - 2.7litre, 220BHP, 0 - 60 in 6.5s, 0 - 100 in 15.5s, 1/4 mile in 14.9@98mph

Boxster S - 252BHP, 0 - 60 in 6s, 0 - 100 in 14.4s, 1/4 mile in 14.3@99mph.

Going by these figures it is easy to see why clean16v was all over the boxster....on the 1/4mile strip clean16v will beat both the normal boxsters as he ran consistant 14.5s at York, in the 0- 100 he will also be right up there with the boxster...no wonder the guy got pissed off and put his brakes on!, he s probably spent near 27grand on buying the boxster and he was getting grief from a 6grand clio with tints!

Suzuki SV650

Whats the foglight and hazard flash? Is there some sort of underground racing lights code or somethin?? Do you have to have a car with a sub 10 secs 0-60 to gain entry to this special code? :p

Quote: Originally posted by Ralphy_VTS on 29 May 2003

The pre 2002 Boxster actually only had a 2.5 litre straight six engine with 204 bhp.
no boxster ever had a straight 6, i has what its named emplied and all rear engined porsche have, a boxster engine, or horrizontally opossed arrangement.

So, you can get good clios that rape their std times, you can get bad ones that put out poo power, but you cant get a good boxster?

Seems a bit one sided lol!