ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a 1 or 2 inch aerial

Mk5 R32 (ex.182 (Cupped))

Just had my utopia spoiler fitted etc and as I thought, my current aerial, silver beesting is still too long as it would dmg the spoiler once the boot is opened. Even with the flexable standard aerial, it will eventually rub away the paint...

So can anyone tell me where to get a really small aerial, like 1-2 inch, a decent looking one tho.

Cheers

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Just take the original one off and use a coathanger.. it will look cool, honestly.

Audi S3 225

You can get them sharkfin ones from somewhere, the new bmws come with them. cant remember who was selling them tho?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

hey DingDong.

mines being fitted tonight! get it back tomoro, is there any pics of ur finsihed utopia spoiler??? id like to see some

as for the arial, i think the only way we can go is for a shark fin, BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THESE??

cheers

Has

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Very nice m8ty

cant wait to get mine back tomoro now!!!

oooh it does look good colour coded goto say that!

cheers for the pics, ill get soem of mien up to if i can tomoro

and if anyone can get a shark fin arial pls let us know!

ive just seen the ferrai mi self like SWEET.

bet hes parked on sum poor persons drive on the posh estate round corner from him thats y he only got 2pics LOL

JOKIN (just incase u didnt no)

Hehe, thats me dads motor. See all my tyres and sh*t in the garage too, lol. Oh and a freezer! Anyone wanna buy it? lol. Ill take some more pics tommorow for ya ;)

Yeah the colour coding was brilliant, had it done at chestermans in reading, recommended by connor :D

Probably take back the beesting, havnt had it long :D

Really need one of those shark fins tho, if anyone has found the place yet?

yey for me :D

And chris mate... those shark fins... on the beemers, they aint actually radio ariels! they are GPS ones on the beemers... a bit of useless info for ya there :)

And anyways... i know a company that sell them, but not sure if they are dummy ones or not? ring em up,

08453306241, and ask about the shark fin aerial. got this number from a august 2003 magazine with a pic of this aerial in so they should still sell it. but u might wanna ring up about that 2" aeriel chris, could be approx as in under 2", thats the smallest one ive seen!

Otherwise nick one off a beamer :p
or... U could just take the aerial out & just stick a plug in the base aerial bit to neaten it off. & there u go, a short aerial :p lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Hhehehee

nice one connor

all dat info is goin in.... lol

nxt beamer i see is gonna have it ripped off PMSL

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

hehehe nice one connor

i did have a peek in the demon book i got here, i see it, but i think its a dummy :S

maybe i can convert one??

LOL m8! make sure its one of the t**ser beemer drivers, wait until he cuts u up, follow him, wait until he parks, & then nick it off of him for being such a tart so you can then do it guilt free and with reason :D :D

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

I like dat idea Connor,

i is off nwo to piss of some BMW drivers ;)

hehehe

& yeah mate ive also got the catalogue! just searched for it then and thats one of the first times ive actually found somet on the site! the website bites!! the catalogue is alright! & I dont see why you cant convert one...? do you listen to AM? if not, you wont need as much stuff inside.... you can simply just use some bell wire surely? & maybe a booster if it can fit? although u could just nick everything u need out of the old base unit?
Although i think just some wire wrapped around inside of it will be able to get u the local stations :D although u could just not listen to the radio!!!

lol! now thats a mission statement... "You have 24 hours to piss off as many Beemer drivers as possible!" & i thought taking a sh*t was easy....!!!!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

i cud go without radio..... lol

im gonna follow up n making one myself ;)

right i is now off ot bed, too excited abotu gettign my car back tomoro!!

hehehe i cant sleep

lol, So would I be! BUT... im still awaiting the delivery of my motor :( doesnt arrive at the dealership till the 18th (so they say) so ive been comforting myself by buying mods for it already :D & i think i like the idea of making one up sounds good matey... just gonna have to get it body coloured :)

I dont want a dummy really :( The radio is useful sometimes for traffic and stuff.

Just need a shorter than 2" aerial....

The aerial for the clio satnav aint in the original aerial is it?

Quote: Originally posted by Clio16vSport on 04 September 2003

hey DingDong.

mines being fitted tonight! get it back tomoro, is there any pics of ur finsihed utopia spoiler??? id like to see some

as for the arial, i think the only way we can go is for a shark fin, BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THESE??

cheers

Has

Heres the pics of my spoiler u wanted: http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=48276&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=48276&PagePosition=1

Dont know about the clio sat nav, and u can always take a dummy & make it real :D

& yeh mate, u gotta take the base bit of it off!

Hmmm that fatboy aerial is 2.5inches long....

Anyone found a really short one yet? I need one bad, cant open my boot without taking my aerial off each time...

nah mate i aint sorry :( and that mini stubby one is actually 2.5" long? as in the one tha states "approx 2"??

I asked at a couple of trade stands at trax for ya mate but both said they didnt know of one that didnt catch on the spoiler.... What is the reception like with just the aerial off mate? as in just the base?