ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a little help..

Renault Clio sport
Hi, I'm new to this forum and in need of a little help.
Recently had a problem with my Clio sport and wondered if anyone could give a little insight to what the problem could be..
I was driving down the road when all of a sudden smoke started pouring out of my exhaust. The car also started to lose power and I could smell fuel. So I pulled over and left it abit then drove back home but same problem.. once I got closer to home smoke started coming from the engine and I could smell burning. Also when driving home my engine light came on.
Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Thanks in advance

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Welcome to the club Laura.

Unfortunately there could be umpteen things wrong with it. But without looking at it and carrying out a few basic checks, it's pretty hard to offer any advice.

Have you checked your coolant level?

Is the cooling system leaking?

Have you checked the oil level now it's cooled down?

What color was the smoke?

Was it even smoke at all? or steam?

Does the car tick over normally or is spluttering?

Renault Clio sport
Welcome to the club Laura.

Unfortunately there could be umpteen things wrong with it. But without looking at it and carrying out a few basic checks, it's pretty hard to offer any advice.

Have you checked your coolant level?

Is the cooling system leaking?

Have you checked the oil level now it's cooled down?

What color was the smoke?

Was it even smoke at all? or steam?

Does the car tick over normally or is spluttering?

The coolant level is fine and no leaks.
The oil level is above minimum
The smoke seemed a grey/black colour but was definelty smoke
And when it's ticking over the cars juddering almost like it wants to stall, the revs just keep dipping

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Black/grey smoke is over fueling, so I'm going with an injector/coil pack/spark plug/HT lead.

Renault Clio sport
Hi guys quick update

The cars been on a diagnostic kit today and it's come up saying injector 3, egr valve and lamber sensors
Does anyone know if the car has an egr valve or where it is cause I can't find one :tired:
Also which one will be injector 3 as not sure which side they start from
Thanks in advance
Sorry if I sound thick but I don't really know a lot about this stuff ahaa