ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new Home Cinema Receiver

SchwepTek™
Currently have this (Denon AVR 1803) -

DENON-AVR1803-RB-Home-Theater-Receiver-REFURBISHED-0.jpg

Looking to upgrade to something with at least similar sound quality as I think this is great for what I use it for!

Also want HDMI with audio and at least 3 inputs. Only have Xbox, PS3 and Apple TV.

Any ideas that aren't too expensive as I will probably ask for it as a Xmas present! ;)

Tesla MP3 2021
They are both in black lol.

I believe the Sony's are fairly decent units but I have never thought to actually buy one, there is just something a bit "meh" about them lol

Last edited:
  SchwepTek™
Its another case of branding too lol. TV and PS3 is both Sony so why not have the lot Sony! :)

I'll look into the Onkyo one though as when i googled it, it came up silver!

I will give you a call when you get back, i think this may be a MBP situation again lol

1803 is a f**king cracking unit! Not gonna get a cheap replacement thats on a par sound quality wise. Denon AVR 1911 would be current equivalent but is about £450.

SchwepTek™
1803 is a f**king cracking unit! Not gonna get a cheap replacement thats on a par sound quality wise. Denon AVR 1911 would be current equivalent but is about £450.

Really?

Hmmmm I wanted HDMI in/out, TrueHD, 3D, etc.

Will i be able to notice the difference in sound quality?

Really?

Hmmmm I wanted HDMI in/out, TrueHD, 3D, etc.

Will i be able to notice the difference in sound quality?

Yes you will.

If you need those features, go up in the Denon or Yamaha range imo.

Oh and if you can get it for £320, thats a good buy, RRP is £450.