ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new torrent client, Transmission sucks.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Nah bro i get that. I'm just a student and well i've no money. All i dl really is American TV that we should get. It doesn't take me long to get a proogram at all, from 5-10mins sometimes to an hour if its slow etc.

What kinda time would you see on a 200mb thing, or a 700mb thing?
a standard tv file is 350mb, i can get that in about 12 minutes (which is maxing out my connection, if i had a faster connection i could get it quicker, you aren't relying on how many people are sharing it and what their connection speed is though, and you aren't doing any uploading, its lke downloading from a fast ftp site!)

Pretty cool. I just got a free tv show, that was 350mb in 20mins. And my connection aint great.

But as you said, the dependency for me is on seeders to seed.

Arctic Blue 182
Private trackes or good ones anyway will mask your ip if you have a high enough standing this will send the internet police off to the wrong person to start. (remeber the cases of the old couple who got a letter and quite obviously had not been torrenting)

Also for extra security you can encrypt with Utorrent. Set it to forced (does not effect your download speeds) and then t hey will find it very hard to prove what it was you were sending at the time you were ment to be downlaoding said file.

Thats if u happen to be in teh 0.000000001% of ppl who actually even get a letter accusing them of illegal file sharing!

ANyway we should all accept that if you get caught its fair cop as it is technicaly illegal, same goes for speeding in my book. If you do it and get caught don`t moan! !

Last edited:
  Punto/Clio GTT
free private torrents are still gash, have to constantly upload to keep your ratio up, which slows down browsing, newsgroups and rapidshare are download only, and ALWAYS at the max your connection can take, can't get better than that!

Also, much less choice, news and rapid have everything and more!

simple really, if you dont want to pay, then use private torrent sites and keep a good ratio, if you want to pay, then use newsbin.

i max out my connection on everything i download using torrents btw.

Punto/Clio GTT
its just good manners

on torrent sites, everyone shares their stuff, if you download something, then let someone else download it from you

aslong as you keep a ratio of 0.6-0.8, you'll be welcome on most private sites

Ah mines like that if not higer, i just thought you meant really seed.

Private sites? So not mini and bay? What kinda sites?

dk

911 GTS Cab
simple really, if you dont want to pay, then use private torrent sites and keep a good ratio, if you want to pay, then use newsbin.

i max out my connection on everything i download using torrents btw.
but keeping a good ratio requires uploading and that slows your internet connection down, i had terrible problems trying to keep a high ratio when i did private torrents as i either needed to have the upload high for a shorter time which slowed my connection or keep it lower but end up uploading forever.

with news you just don't have to worry about that sort of stuff, and they are available sooner as torrents are last on the list to be available i believe. Obviously not normally an issue if you download us tv as that happens overnight anyway.

plus, way safer, less viruses and fake files (i never fet any of either whereas i did on torrents, maybe not on private though), best chance of avoiding a lawsuit too!

Newzbin isn't usenet. It's just one index site and relies on manually created reports. If something doesn't show up on Newzbin, that doesn't mean it's not on usenet. IIRC almost every torrent out there originates from usenet. So I read anyway.

Security-wise, SSL usenet pwns torrents, if only for the fact that there's no uploading. Also, as David says, it's the upload that kills your browsing, and no doubt the browsing of others in your area. Usenet is always vmax too, it doesn't matter how popular the file is.

Punto/Clio GTT
but keeping a good ratio requires uploading and that slows your internet connection down, i had terrible problems trying to keep a high ratio when i did private torrents as i either needed to have the upload high for a shorter time which slowed my connection or keep it lower but end up uploading forever.

with news you just don't have to worry about that sort of stuff, and they are available sooner as torrents are last on the list to be available i believe. Obviously not normally an issue if you download us tv as that happens overnight anyway.

plus, way safer, less viruses and fake files (i never fet any of either whereas i did on torrents, maybe not on private though), best chance of avoiding a lawsuit too!

horses for courses and that.

i know what you mean about uploading slowing down the connection, but if you limit your upload you dont notice any difference