ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a Remote Shutter release thingy for Canon 1000D! Help?

Honda. Tesla Someday
'Allo Ladies n Gents!

Looking to buy a remote shutter release thing for my new Canon 1000D.

There seem to be millions on eBay etc, no idea what to get!

Don't wish to spend too much, but want something good/decent. I found a couple on fleaBay and wanted to know peoples opinions / suggestions??

Apparently my 1000D can't use a 'wireless' release, so meh!

Please see this item on eBay and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110786179...79402&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Gracias!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That looks fine for the money. I had a cheaper one for mine (I think less than £10!) and that did the job I wanted. I got mine from ebay but I think it came from China so took a while.

Honda. Tesla Someday
That looks fine for the money. I had a cheaper one for mine (I think less than £10!) and that did the job I wanted. I got mine from ebay but I think it came from China so took a while.

what I don't like about these is that they require batteries.

Do all types need batteries to work?

Cheers!!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've got all the items that have been linked up in this thread. They are both manufactured by the same company, the only difference is that the more expensive one can be used as an intervelometer which can be handy if you're into timelapse stuff. Otherwise the cheap one is fine, the cable isn't very long though but it reduces camera shake.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've got all the items that have been linked up in this thread. They are both manufactured by the same company, the only difference is that the more expensive one can be used as an intervelometer which can be handy if you're into timelapse stuff. Otherwise the cheap one is fine, the cable isn't very long though but it reduces camera shake.

Cheers!!

I think I may as well invest in the more expensive one to save myself 'upgrading' later!

Thank you all!

(if anyone has anything else to add, feel free, all info is much appreciated, you lovely people!!!)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Takes 2 x AAA batteries, there's no on or off switch so I just put the batteries in as and when I need the remote :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
It arrived yesterday!

Had a play with it and it is bloody brilliant! Can do sooo much with it!!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It arrived yesterday!

Had a play with it and it is bloody brilliant! Can do sooo much with it!!

Which one did you go for ? The more complicated one from Amazon ? If so, I've got one of those. Brilliant bit of kit for star trails etc !

If you're going to stacking, then I recommend you download this for your OS: http://www.markus-enzweiler.de/software/software.html

Shoot in jpg, smash them all together and bingo, you've got an epic shot (I hope!).

Enjoy...!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Which one did you go for ? The more complicated one from Amazon ? If so, I've got one of those. Brilliant bit of kit for star trails etc !

If you're going to stacking, then I recommend you download this for your OS: http://www.markus-enzweiler.de/software/software.html

Shoot in jpg, smash them all together and bingo, you've got an epic shot (I hope!).

Enjoy...!

Cheers for that, looks very interesting!!!!

Yep, got the more complicated one, great bit of kit!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003G3XY3I/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Brilliant.

Cheers to everyone who helped in this thread :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It's easy once you work out what's going on.

5812794275_d4947d6224_z.jpg

First attempt using new remote and StarStaX software by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

5813024791_2a30c6c0fb_z.jpg

Attempt 3 tonight.. by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

If you need to know anything, just ask :rasp:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Read the info ;)

No1:
[20x 30 second exposures .. some light temperature editing but basically as shot !]

No2:
Probably the same but something like 90 shots, I've no idea TBH.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Haha, nice!

I forgot I could click the images to go to Flickr! :eek:

What was the time delay between each shot?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Very useful having one of these, I too use it for star trails and my timelapse stuff. But I tried to instal Magic Lantern on a spare memory card and that has an intervelometer built in which is handy.