ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need advice quick insurance

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Hi.

I been involved in a accident and the insurers are killing me, best i have got is £1900 for 12 months for a 1.2 is stupid . It was only 1100 for my first year.

Is there any where i can put my car an store it legally so it doesn’t need insurance and just take buyers to view the car where its located ? Id sooner get the bus than pay stupid amounts like that.

how about you get your mum or dad to insure it and you as a named driver? Have you asked any insurers if they do fire and theft only?

You should be able to get a quote for about the same as what your paying now. Keep shopping round

If you want it of the road stick it somewhere and declair it as such on a SOFRN form and get your road fund licence money back.

Id keep shopping round though you will get someone for the same price Im sure.

EDD

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Thanks guys, i took it out , it runs on at noon tomorrow so i dont got time to mess about with being at work tomorrow. I decided to stick with the insurers i was with when i had the accident, maybe it will help when i come to claim the excess back if im not liable. Went from £750 with churchill with 1 years no claims to 1678 with tesco/direct line etc with 0 years no claims ( tesco say if im not liable i can calim 490 back so not so bad i guess) I dunno what i was thinking , id pay prob a quarter of my wage to keep me on the road, so much better than public transport.