ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need colour advice ASAP!!!!

Yaris Hybrid

Am now ordering my 182 with the cup packs after failing to find a new 172 Cup.

Been approved and everything but will have to decide on the colour by tomorrow.

Have had two 1.2 16V Clios in the past and they were Platinum. Found this colour to be good as the fine swirls were invisible, they didnt fade in the sun and they didnt have to be polished everytime I washed them to look good. Also it was tough paint and didnt chip easy - or if it did the undercoat was a similar colour so you couldnt tell.

My current motor is black. My ideal colour for the 182 would be black but frankly I have had it up to here with the amount of maintenance it requires. Even the lightest swirls stick out and if I dont polish the car it looks grey and kind of smudged in places. On top of that it gets too damn hot in the summer even with AC. Black for me is absolutely to die for when it has just been polished and nothing looks better but after a few drives it looks dirty again. As soon as one nights dust settles (I have no garage) it goes from deep black to hazy grey!!!!

I was therefore considering the racing blue or titanium. To be honest I would like blue with stripes but I know those stripes will be picked off by ****ers if they dont fall off first due to polishing or weathering.

That leaves me with Titanium. I would like the Yellow colour but I worry about how fashionable that will be in a few years time and also if it needs non stop polishing and how it fades with sunlight (that was another worry with racing blue as it looks like a candidate for sun fade).

Titanium therefore would seem like my best choice but I just dont know how well it will go with the Cup pack wheels as I think it would look better with the standard wheels? That blue does go well with the cup wheels but you cant get stripes til September?

I havent seen many decent photos of Titanium models with Cup wheels. Anyone got any good ones I could see? Any other advice that could be given to help me decide?

God help me.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Get blue with stickers - Id risk the jealous folk, stickers can always be re-applied anyway..

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Or the cup looking blue - Ive always liked that - Red 182? Hmmm nice...

Ford Fiesta

arctic blue then, I agree black looks nice too. In fact I think they all lok great in their own ways!

I love the yellow mate, It will be around for ages yet. The M3 beemer/Focus/Ibiza/Leon/ etc all look mint with Anthracite wheels imo

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 16 June 2004

I love the yellow mate, It will be around for ages yet. The M3 beemer/Focus/Ibiza/Leon/ etc all look mint with Anthracite wheels imo
^^^ Agreed, but you might get stereo typed in the car park along with all those sporting puntos and chinkychentis....

Clio 197

Gotta few piccies of my artic blue one if yer like... its the only "illusions" colour you can get for the price of normal metallic.

Id go for a silver I think. Blacks terriable to keep clean although it looks good when you do clean it.

Yelllow is an excellent looking colour but for the price they want its to much personally plus they will knock you down at resale for having it I recon.

Lee

BMW M2C

I went for Arctic Blue with Cup suspension and spoiler pack.

Im trading in a Monaco Blue 172, so I guess I like blue. I quite fancied a red like on the 172 but there isnt one in the range yet.

Im guessing someone at Renault likes blue too, seeing as there are 3 different blues available!

Leon TDI

You can get the blue without the stickers. The stickers cost £295 as an optional extra.
They seem kinda expensive to me for what they are.

Hopefully, Im picking up my Black/Gold 182 this weekend. Its the first black car ive ever owned and im a little concerned how easy it will be to keep clean.
My car usually gets cleaned once a week anyway, but still think it will be hard work.

I currently have an Iceberg 172, and its a great colour when its clean. But silver is a really popular colour these days, it seems every other car is silver.
If i wasnt getting a Black/Gold 182, i would have the Racing Blue.

Quote: Originally posted by Woof on 16 June 2004

You can get the blue without the stickers. The stickers cost £295 as an optional extra.
They seem kinda expensive to me for what they are.

Hopefully, Im picking up my Black/Gold 182 this weekend. Its the first black car ive ever owned and im a little concerned how easy it will be to keep clean.
My car usually gets cleaned once a week anyway,

I currently have an Iceberg 172, and its a great colour when its clean. But silver is a really popular colour these days, it seems every other car is silver.
If i wasnt getting a Black/Gold 182, i would have the Racing Blue.
your car will be dirty again within half an hour belive me, but will look nice when clean,

ps i would have had racing blue also

Leon TDI

Quote: your car will be dirty again within half an hour belive me, but will look nice when clean

I find cleaning my car therapeutic and quite relaxing on a Sunday morning, whilst nursing a hangover.
Looks like id better make sure i have lots of hangovers
;)

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah I think its probably best to go without stickers and then get them made up and fitted somewhere else for half that price. But anyway someone in this forum said that Renault arent fitting them yet at the factory and wont be able to do it til Sept? Dunno if I can wait that long although I am going to face a 4 to 8 week wait anyway?

I think titanium will hold it value more as silvers always do and IMO its the most low maintenance colour. My main issue is how it will go with the Cup wheels. Doesnt anyone here have a tit clio with cup wheels and photos?

Blue with stripes would be the ideal but we have so much vandalism in my area I just dont want the car to stand out in a crowd.

Arctic blue looks very nice but a lot of people have it now and it wont please them if I make it even more common.

I too would like a red, was gonna go for red if I got a CTR but went off the Honda when I saw that everything other than the engine was an optional extra!

Ah well gotta become a member now and get one of those key ring things.

Leon TDI

Quote: Doesnt anyone here have a tit clio with cup wheels and photos?
There are some photos about, but the search seems to be dead tonight.

Yaris Hybrid

There are only a couple I could find but they were blurry. The guy said he was coming up back the next day with some better pics but I dont think he has yet.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 16 June 2004

Yeah I think its probably best to go without stickers and then get them made up and fitted somewhere else for half that price. But anyway someone in this forum said that Renault arent fitting them yet at the factory and wont be able to do it til Sept? Dunno if I can wait that long although I am going to face a 4 to 8 week wait anyway?

I think titanium will hold it value more as silvers always do and IMO its the most low maintenance colour. My main issue is how it will go with the Cup wheels. Doesnt anyone here have a tit clio with cup wheels and photos?

Blue with stripes would be the ideal but we have so much vandalism in my area I just dont want the car to stand out in a crowd.

Arctic blue looks very nice but a lot of people have it now and it wont please them if I make it even more common.

I too would like a red, was gonna go for red if I got a CTR but went off the Honda when I saw that everything other than the engine was an optional extra!

Ah well gotta become a member now and get one of those key ring things.
not sure about a tit clio, sounds a bit erotic but heres a pic of titanium with cup wheels

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079391305__DSC01332.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079391305__DSC01332.jpg
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1078517752__clio_rs_2.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1078517752__clio_rs_2.jpg
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079391484__DSC01334.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079391484__DSC01334.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079391400__DSC01333.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079391400__DSC01333.jpg

and this is a racing blue without stripes which is how I like it

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1087328202__DSC01184.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1087328202__DSC01184.jpg

the colour is different in the flesh though.

Titanium/silver is a very popular colour though so if you want to be different then racing blue will make you stand out form the crowd!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

182s in silver to me look just like a 172, if i was getting a 182 i think id want a new colour to distinguish myself I think, no offence to 172 owners of course...

Yaris Hybrid

Thanks for posting those links, I hadnt seen those before.

Looks pretty similar to my old Platinum Extreme!!!

Not a bad thing as the vandals should just walk right past without noticing.

With regards to colours being associated with certain models, I feel that the 182 has become synonymous with racing blue, the Mk1 172 iceberg silver and the Mk2 172/Cup with blues?

Just remembered one problem with black. Plenty of rude boys buying 1.2s in black because from a distance the black bumper strips and matchin paint make it look like a 172 - too many fit the 172 side strips too. I would feel pretty cheated if people kept asking me "is that a 1.2 I take it?".

I think the cup wheels and the double exhausts do enough distinguishing from 172s not that there is anything wrong with 172s at all - other than that I couldnt afford one when they were around!

Course I am biased but i would go for a racing blue ~(mine, which is in gallery on main CS site) or yellow (it is a metallic so I dont think it will be beset by fade problems)

Yaris Hybrid

Grrr I am shifting back towards racing blue with no stripes.

Whats this like for showing those fine swirls and how does it look after a few days out doors?

Cant afford Zymol (ok I can but cant be bothered to spend that much time on it) so its only gonna get Meguiers gold class or Autoglym super resin...