ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help. Fan and door lock problem.

Renault clio 1998 1.2
Can anyone help me? The fan for my heaters doesn't work I drive a 98 clio how easy is it to change? Also I have to un lock my drivers door with my key, but the other day it just stopped opening it and I can no longer lock it. Please help.

Golf GTD Mk7
Fan might be the resistor pack (think that's the name of it) which is found under the scuttle panel. Door lock seems strange though? When you turn the key, the lock doesn't move?

Renault clio 1998 1.2
No not at all. It's as if its not grabbing anything I've taken it apart but to be fair I don't really know what I'm looking for? Ok thanks for that, it worked before it just slowly got weaker and now has just stopped?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
There is a solenoid (motor) in your door that has stooped working I imagine. I changed mine recently as it had stopped working. It is a bit fiddly to do it. Cost of a new part is about £65 or find one from a scrap dealer. Renault should charge an hours labour as the door card needs to come off.

Renault clio 1998 1.2
Is that for opening the door with the key? When I do it it just spins as if the barrel is fubar. I've currently got all the door card off?

Golf GTD Mk7
if the fan got weaker and weaker it could be the motor slowly failing? Was it still blowing both hot and cold? Door lock seems strange.

Renault clio 1998 1.2
Yeah it was, if i hit the motor it trys to turn. The door lock is the main problem as I can't lock it unless I climb out the boot?