ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help finding the name of a part

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi guys, does anyone know what's this part? And do I need to remove the dash to acces it?
IMG20210618085026.jpg

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Search for Clio Mk2 Hazard switch surround.

It just pops off using a plastic interior removal tool at top left and top right

You can then remove the 3 connectors to the switches and remove the whole thing.

The hazard switch comes out the front and the other 2 switches go out the back of the plastic surround.

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Search for Clio Mk2 Hazard switch surround.

It just pops off using a plastic interior removal tool at top left and top right

You can then remove the 3 connectors to the switches and remove the whole thing.

The hazard switch comes out the front and the other 2 switches go out the back of the plastic surround.
I was also looking for this so thank you, but I meant the whole plastic surrounding the display and vents ahah

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just change the dash top for a mk2 non sport as its non sticky. There's a guide section in here on how to do it but it's a 20 min job and is a like for like swap. Saves painting it and will be a better finish.

Pic of non sport dash top.
20210621_190006.jpg

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Just change the dash top for a mk2 non sport as its non sticky. There's a guide section in here on how to do it but it's a 20 min job and is a like for like swap. Saves painting it and will be a better finish.

Pic of non sport dash top.View attachment 1544588
Thanks, I had a 1.4 same year as my 172 and wondered why the 172 was sticky but not the 1.4

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
The soft touch was a feature on sport models and "I think" some non sport models. But Iver the years the soft touch goes tacky. Bit like the steering wheels melting.
Interesting, do you know if there's any way to make it smooth again without replacing the whole dash?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Replace it as he said earlier, with a none sport model dash top or remove the whole dash top and use Elbow grease kitchen degreaser and a plastic scourer soak, scrub repeat. There are
Several guides on here if you search the forum for them

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I used IPA and a plastic pan scrubber to do mine. Just don't scrub too hard or you'll remove the blue sparkly paint underneath. Mask off the rest of the dash or the cleaning chemicals will leave it dull.