ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help, go pro related

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Taken the videos and on the playback (lcd backpack) they look good, but can i heck download them onto the laptop. The laptop in question is a dell note book running windows xp. Can someone give me an idea how to download them onto the laptop so i can watch them, and then hopefully stick them on youtube etc. All im getting so far is pictures :(. It could be the laptop or me, im thinking the latter tbh. help!!!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Memory card out of GoPro, memory card into laptop.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Do you not have a memory card reader in the laptop? Been pretty standard for quite a while.

When you plug the GoPro into the laptop what happens? Generally it will try to install some drivers and the GoPro will show up as an extra drive.

Just read the rest of your post, skimming FTL. You did actually film things?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nope no memory card reader. When I plug the go pro in it comes up with

copy picture to a folder on my computer

view a slide show of the images

print the pictures

import pictures and videos using windows live photo gallery

view pictures with windows live gallery

​open folder to view files il using windows explorer.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
What is there when you open the folder using windows explorer.

​Have you ever used a USB pen drive? Use the GP just like that.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
No never used a pen drive mate. It comes up as removable disc with a choice of dcim or misc (folders)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Lol you're worse than my mum at this.

These are folders which the camera has made on the memory card. DCIM generally includes all files created though. Go into the DCIM folder and it should include all photos and videos you've created.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm hopeless mate. Right I double click on dcim and it comes up 100gopro. Right I've clicked on that and like you say all the pics and videos have come up. I double click on one of the videos and it just shows a picture :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nope, still shows as pictures. I'm going to sack it off for tonight, getting right on my tits

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Have you downloaded VLC?

If so right click the file, go to "open with" (Mac user, can't remember what it says), then find VLC player, run it. It should open up VLC then play the video.

This is assuming that it's actually a video file. What type of file is it? If you don't know it should say along the bottom of the explorer window or you can right click and go to properties if it doesn't.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. Will give it a blast tomo, but may just wait until I get an iPad, seen videos and it looks even straight forward for me to do lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly I know I'm a tad backward, but it's a pita. Going to try the computer in work lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
We have progress, ish. Ive downloaded the video i want to 'real player' albeit it was filmed upside down lol. Anyway i now want to move that video to youtube, easy to do?

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Cheers. Will give it a blast tomo, but may just wait until I get an iPad, seen videos and it looks even straight forward for me to do lol

I've never had problems putting videos from the go pro to the computer.

But today I bought a 'sd card to lightening connection' so I can put the videos straight onto my iPad Mini. Very quick and easy!!!

Create and account with YouTube, once signed up and signed on on Youtubes home page should be a massive upload button. Click that and browse to where you saved the video file onto your computer. Give it a name and tags and what the video type is (category). Then viola make I public if you want the world to see or private if you just want to share the video between friends.

Just looked its actually located next to the search bar on the top.

Pretty sure you just drag and drop from the GoPro (via USB) onto your laptop where you want. Once copied just play via VLC.