ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help urgent

albi 197
Ok basically I put a topic in the fault thread as my engine was making some horrendous noises.

Turns out my cranks gone and one of conrods as well :dapprove:, which is obviously very bad and now I'm left with little option but to try and source a new engine for my car, as tcr are saying that to rebuild the engine properly could mount to around £2000.

My cliosport membership has literally just ran out which means I can't look at the parts section.

Does anyone know anyone or where I can quickly source a new engine for a ph2 172? I'd be extremely grateful for any ideas people can come up with.

Cheers

RENAULTSPORT 182
Saw anew one on ebay last night, buy it now price £1000 looked good from what I could see. Type in clio 182 and you should see it. hopefully it aint gone yet.
Good luck

Believe so, the only different part is the crackcase breather setup. but best wait for an answer from someone else to confirm.

RENAULTSPORT 182
I don't know mate, hope so..........£1000 sounds good thou perhaps you could get it cheaper, looks like you can get it delivered for 60 notes as well. looks a bargain.
Wonder how much it would cost a decent mechanic to drop it in?

Just a warning about that 16K one on e-bay. Chap didn't have any history and was unwilling to supply the VIN or let me read the ECU. Make of that what you will.

How quickly do you need one? I have a load of 730 bits in/on the way so could put a decent standard engine together for you if needs be.

Cheers
M

albi 197
Cheers people, gonna ring round a few places now and see what sort of prices they will do them for.

I need one pretty much straight away icarus - end of the day my car is in bits in tcr's garage and its taking up their work space so I don't want to take the piss really.

CS Dungeon
I paid £350 for a 182 engine with manifold and ecu last september from ebay. Engine was on 18k miles from memory!