ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need help with computer problem

Audi S3 225
Hi, got a weird problem which i had before and i fixed by replacing the hdd but it seems to have come back.

Basicaly its started taking a real long time to bootup, almost 5 mins comapred to 30 odd seconds. Plus i can hear the hdd spin up real fast then stop and the comp freezes for a few secs untill the hdd spins back up again! also making a weird clicking noise in the process. This is a brand new 80gb wd raptor hdd with a fresh xp install.

Not too clued up on comps anymore, but i had a feeling that maybe the power supply isnt providing enough power to the hdd as i have another sata drive connected and an ati x1900xt graphic card. Not sure how big the power supply is but its a standard one in a 3yr old comp

p4 3.4, 2gb, xp home.

any ideas guys

Thanks

Allan

Audi S3 225
Hi, not really, i have a really old one that is probably worse than the one in my computer at the moment. Weird thing is it seems to be running fine now!

Im gonna leave it for now, and if it starts doing it again ill invest in a bigger power supply.

Thanks

The Bus and MRT
You could have knackered another HDD.... do you move the PC whilst it's on or has it been knocked?

Audi S3 225
Hi, na never move it and its never been knocked afaia.

once i get paid ill splash out on a decent psu. Just gonna use the laptop for the time being.

thanks

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
power supply will be 250 or something baby sized.

do you have a multimeter ?