ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need opinions please on modding 1.2 clio

Clio_Smart
Done a few mods to my clio 1.2 mk2 ph1 and said that im finished.

But now im thinking of adding a few bits like 172 interior not seats as i have half leather rsi already but like pedals gear knob etc.

Also 172 side skirts maybe lowering and induction kit.

Im 18 nearlly 19 and plan to have my clio until im about 20 maybe nearlly 21 then go for a nice car maybe BMW TT etc not sure yet until the time comes.

I think i want to have a smart clio until then and then sell my mods on CS when i sell incase it has to go back to standard but still think its a waste of money.

Here is a couple of pics of my car let me know your opinion thanks :D

Picture036.jpg

Clio.jpg

2006_0628Image0034.jpg

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
is it a 1.2 16v? get a filter and exhaust on it, people will tell you not to bother but you'l notice the difference. def lower it too, and maybe change the wheels??

Clio_Smart
The were going to be CTR aerial , 172 interior , induction kit etc ( no exhaust) and 172 style alloys.

Thats a very nice ph1, i seem to recall this being high mileage? It certainly doesn't look it! Just lower it and get the 172 FF alloys.

Clio_Smart
Yes high mileage but work it out over years it just over average.

I will show you a up to date engine bay pic lol for 109,000

Im thinking juat leave it as it is :D

Never mind the red line it was done on paint to show a member a part of the enigne i ment lol

Picture.jpg

Breaking A 172 Replica
I think a cup spoiler would look brilliant on that car.

Coincidentally I have one for sale if you want it?

PM me if interested

Thanks

Sam

Yes high mileage but work it out over years it just over average.

I will show you a up to date engine bay pic lol for 109,000

Im thinking juat leave it as it is :D

Never mind the red line it was done on paint to show a member a part of the enigne i ment lol

Picture.jpg

Love the sewing machine, i ve got a pair of curtains that need altering, do you think you could help me out :rasp:
Just joking mines a 1.2 aswell.

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
[/quote]

Love the sewing machine, i ve got a pair of curtains that need altering, do you think you could help me out :rasp:
Just joking mines a 1.2 aswell.[/quote]
Lol

Clio_Smart
Maybe but ive said for ages i wont but a set of springs for a 60mm drop have come for sale at a great price.

Clio_Smart
Thanks Dan

I have deicided that im leaving it and just wait until im about 20/21 and then get a nice car otherwise im just wasting money on the clio

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
8 valve ouch! i can live with a 16v 1.2 even after driving much faster cars it still feels ok but i just cant live with 8v 1.2s lol only one bit thats decent is the cable throttle, even on the brand new campus ones!

rsi
lower it, tint it, paint the headlights in black ( the inside of ot) not the outside:) put a blazk sticker between the 2 glasses from the side so when you tint it it looks like one piece. (DO NOT PAINT YOUR CALIPERS TO RED) MAY BE gold would look cute, get drilled rotors. this are affordable very nice details you can do.

Clio_Smart
My local sprayer done them i have i have a spare set of handles for sale but they are not sprayed :D

My clio is staying as it is only mod i will do is the 16v badges if giles gives me his paypal addy lol

Clio 197
Try get mk1 172 alloy wheels with 40mm springs drop

job done!:approve:

will sort out the badges ok

Chelsea tractor
Not sure what it's actually called, but that's my paint code :D

Appparently it's "Boreal Metal Grey" (just had a quick google). Think one scrappy said it was about 35 squid!!

Have to start shopping around more unless anyone knows where I can get some in that colour :D

Clio 197
^^ can do that but the other way is cheaper buy the handles with has been painted came with the car which made from the renault factory.

Not sure what it's actually called, but that's my paint code :D

Appparently it's "Boreal Metal Grey" (just had a quick google). Think one scrappy said it was about 35 squid!!

Have to start shopping around more unless anyone knows where I can get some in that colour :D

I go have a looks at cars transplants to see any ok:)