ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some audio advice.

Renault Clio 2003
Hey, am new to the forums here and also new to the whole car audio situation.

Basically I have a 1.2 2003 Clio, I have already purchased and installed a JBL composite system for the front, however only being powered from head unit which is a Sony Xplod.

I there are also two JVC 6x9's in the parcel shelf which are wired in with the rear speakers therefore also being powered from the head-unit, I'm planning to eventually get rid of these?

I'm looking for a amplifier and sub next, but I don't really know what I'm looking for as there seems to be such a wide range of them available, I'm looking for something that can output loud and good quality music, I occasional listen to some bass music but mainly chart music. I'm willing to sacrifice the majority of my boot.

I was thinking of also powering my front composite system from the amplifier too?

I'm also looking to upgrade my rear speakers, is there anything that can be recommended? Correct me if I'm wrong but like the front speakers I think they are 5 1/4 inch?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Jack.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Hey, am new to the forums here and also new to the whole car audio situation.

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Basically I have a 1.2 2003 Clio, I have already purchased and installed a JBL composite system for the front, however only being powered from head unit which is a Sony Xplod.

I there are also two JVC 6x9's in the parcel shelf which are wired in with the rear speakers therefore also being powered from the head-unit, I'm planning to eventually get rid of these?

I'm looking for a amplifier and sub next, but I don't really know what I'm looking for as there seems to be such a wide range of them available, I'm looking for something that can output loud and good quality music, I occasional listen to some bass music but mainly chart music. I'm willing to sacrifice the majority of my boot.

I was thinking of also powering my front composite system from the amplifier too?

You would be much better running the front and sub from and amp/2 amps (one for the speakers, one for the sub), you'll notice a big improvement from simply running them from the head unit.

Depending on which method you choose, you will probably need either 2 x 2 channel amps, or 1 x 4 channel amp. I may be wrong, but you could get away with running the rear speakers from your head unit, as you'll be sat in the front, making the rear speakers more like a sound filler if you get me.

I'm also looking to upgrade my rear speakers, is there anything that can be recommended? Correct me if I'm wrong but like the front speakers I think they are 5 1/4 inch?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Jack.

Yes, you're correct, the front and rear speakers are the same size.

Do you already have speakers in the rear? If not, and you still have the original front speakers, I would say just put those in. Like I said above, you'll find it just a sound filler for the rear of the car.

When I had my Clio, and set up the sound system, I had the following:
Alpine IDA-X001 Head Unit
An Alpine 2 channel amp (an older version of this) powering Rainbow Component Speakers.
A Crunch 2 channel amp (Sorry, I can't find a link to it) powering a 12" Vibe BlackAir V2 (one before this).

Although I understand that the Sub that I had probably wasn't the best that I could have got, but it did the job that I wanted it to.

There are a few people on here that will be able to give you much better advice than what I've done in this post, but hopefully I've managed to point you in the right direction with this.