ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some excel helps

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Yo.
Tried using internet but it was being unhelpful
Need to add up cells based on colour (tis for some automatically generated data, that I can't go and change as it's 1200 odd records)
Do I need to do something with VB?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Yo.
Tried using internet but it was being unhelpful
Need to add up cells based on colour (tis for some automatically generated data, that I can't go and change as it's 1200 odd records)
Do I need to do something with VB?

There's nothing within Excel that works on colour (AFAIK), unless you use the same criteria within the conditional formatting within an if statement.

Listerine & Poledo
What kind of fuckwit puts data into excel as cell colours?

Oh Teddy, you silly sausage

Clio
cd0365.gif

Get counting boy.

Cupra
Find and replace works for this.
Duplicate a column and add it to the end. The contents are about to be overwritten.
Open the find and replace box, click on Options, then Format then the Fill tab and choose the colour that you want to identify. Click Okay and go back to the Replace field and put in the colour that you want to identify. All the cells that are filled in that colour are now marked with a colour code that you can sort all rows on.

Cupra
I just noticed that you can also use the filter on cell colour in Excel 2010. Might be even easier.