ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need to quiet down my exhaust temporarily...

Car failed it's MOT today due to a wiper blade n exhaust being a bit loud!

Not too sure if he can actually fail me for a loud exhaust but he's a bit funny like that and said he'd have passed it if the wiper was ok.

Anyway, gonna sort the wiper out and just want to make the exhaust a bit quieter to make him happy and get a 12month ticket!

It's a full K-Tec system with a 4.5" tailpipe so I'm thinking it'd be easy enough to put a little bit of sound deadening 'material' just in the silencer bit at the end just to dull the sound for 1/2hour. Would come straight back out when I got it home.

Any suggestions on what to use.....obviously needs to be cheaper than the 45quid it'd cost to go get the MOT somewhere else!

Thanks

Tom

LY 182
shove some rags in the back box.

sounds like a t**t, how loud is the thing.
its down to tester decision a decibel meter isnt part of the mot equipment,
you can fail on it but tbh its unheard of on cars

btw, im not joking
just gaffa tape some rags in the backbox.
hes only got to hear it, then you drive out and pull them out.

it dosnt have to be a proper repair to pass

Rags might do the trick actually, sure I can find a couple in the garage!

It is loud to be honest, it's one of the original K-Tec systems (they don't make them this loud anymore) but it got measured at a track once at only 91db though. Even the 'quiet' track limits are 98db.....

It's a single wiper and it's not clearing the windscreen effectively enough. Just needs a little adjustment, anything to fail the bloody thing!

LY 182
to answer that question yes you can fail on a wiper blade,

driver needs a clear veiw of the road...

can also fail on cracks in screen, stickers/tax discs etc in swept area of windscreen, magic trees/bibles/kitchen sinks hanging from the rear veiw mirror (that ones anoys the hell out of me)

ITB'd MK1
shove a load of wire wool up the pipe. Try to leave a hole through it though so it doesn't get blown straight out lol. Quite a common way of passing track day noise tests ;)

magic trees/bibles/kitchen sinks hanging from the rear veiw mirror (that ones anoys the hell out of me)

FLOL How do the taxi's pass!

As said stuff something in the back box, make sure its wedged in there though a friend of my brothers fired some sarnies accross the car park after a pratical joke on the tailpipe of his Skyline!