ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netgear vs Cliosport

I have a Netgear ADSL W/L Router thingybob, but nine times out of 10 it wont let me access cliosport. It just comes up "Page cannot be displayed". My PC is connected to it via Cat5 cable, not wireless.

I also have a Alcatel SpeedTouch USB green "sperm" modem which works fine and lets me access the site no probs.

The Netgear lets me access everything else it seems, just displays page cannot be displayed for ClioSport.

Anyone got any ideas?

Ta, Dan.

Strange one. I'm using a Netgear ADSL wireless router and don't have any problems. Have you tried upgrading the firmware (download from the Netgear site) if there is one available for you router model. Or reboot the router if you've not done it recently.

Er reboot = unplug it leave it for a minute and plug it in again. There is usually a reboot option in the interface somewhere too, but I prefer actually pulling the plug on mine. Your setting should be ok.

Sometimes mine gets a bit "upset" if it has been on for a long time (days, weeks, etc) and wireless doesn't quite work properly and other things have problems. Just like a PC really, a "reboot" does it the world of good :)

172 Cup
If you can access any site in the world except cliosport.net then clearly the fault is with the site. If Cliosport is one of a number of sites that time out or the "page not found" appears it sounds like incorrect and/or missing DNS server IP's.

I mentioned second hand as if a router is used with a different ISP the DNS IP's will be incorrect for your ISP.

172 Cup
Most router us an IP address to enter the setup menu. If you know your's enter it into the address bar in IE or FIrefox.

Somewhere in the settings (every router is different) there will be an option for DNS Servers. The following is an example on my router -

dns.jpg

Mine is currently set to dynamic. This basically means it uses whatever DNS servers if wants. Most ISP's will have details of their specific DNS IP's on their website somewhere. These IP's are obviously entered into the relevant fields, saved and the router rebooted.

In order to establish if the problem is DNS related try this quick test. Open the comand prompt and type "tracert www.cliosport.net" -

tracert.jpg

If your DNS settings are fine your result will be similar to mine above. If you get errors repeat the process and type "tracert 81.21.79.234" and see what result comes back.

Last edited:
mine did the same as yours griff...

just upgraded the firmware (thanks Has) and it seems to be working now.... :S

172 Cup
Glad it works.. Just spent 10 minutes editing my post with more detail and explainations all about DNS and it wouldn't let me post it :(

thanks for helping griff....

Has is logged in remotely now to check some things, god knows what! lol