ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Network Monitoring Software

Fiat Panda 100hp
Does anyone know of any software that I can run off XP to monitor another PC that is on XP? that allows me to view what they are doing on screen etc.

I've tried NetSupportSchool but it cant seem to find anything on the network.

Thanks

Fiat Panda 100hp
The software has to be that the user cant tell that Im using it. isnt real VNC a protocol? and has to be installed on both PCs?

yeah you install the server that sits in the background (you can specifiy if it shows an icon in the system tray), and yeah its a protocol.

are you after just a viewer, so like you dont have to install anything on the other pc?

SLK 350
^ If the PC is on your network, and you have correct permissions you can alter the reg key setings and login without the users permission.

As father and son....
For RDC the client needs to allow access on their machine before any connections I think.

if hes got administrator access he can apply this permission to all users when he can gain locla access to the machine, hardly much of a stumbling block.

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
RDP uses fast user switching if i am not mistaken, which means that if you log onto someones pc they get logged out, so they would no that you were looking at there pc :)

RealVNC is better than RDP in that respect, and is much harder to tell if someone is watching you, but like stated above it does need to be installed on both pc's, server on the remote pc, and viewer on your pc that you connecting from.