ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Networking Laptop and PC

S2000
I've been trying to set up my laptop and PC so that its possible to share files between them and so that I print wirelessly from my laptop. Anyway I set up a workgroup but when I look at the computers on the workgroup from the PC it shows both the PC and laptop and I can access the laptop files that are shared. When I try and look at the computers in the workgroup from the laptop though it only shows the laptop and not the PC so I can't access the printer on the PC either.

Anyone have any ideas of what the problem is? I'm a bit of a noob to this stuff so basic instructions would be best, lol.

I remember setting this up for someone else before and I had the same problem but got round it somehow - just can't remember how. Both PC and laptop are using the same router btw, the PC wired to it and the laptop connected wirelessly. They are also both using XP Pro as the operating system.

Cheers.

Renault Clio 1.4
sounds like a firewall on the pc is your problem, to clarify this try and send a simpel icmp packet, what i mean by this is ping the laptop from the pc( this should work) and then ping the pc from the laptop (this shouldnt work).

disable the firewall and try again, if it works then u still want the firewall on so set up permissions within the firewall to allow all local (LAN) traffic.

Hope this helps