ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Never praise your car too much!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I have been praising my car for the past three years as I have never had any problems with her. I was only saying on saturday how good she has been and how glad I was that mine has never given me any trouble. Then, yesterday I went to go out in her and OH NO WHAT THE f**k!?? She was misfiring like a b**ch, smelt like a mixture of rotten eggs and petrol and was trying to shake herself to bits. The engine management light kept going on and off too. She really did sound like a tank on heat. What a racket.

It appears from all the knowledge other CS users have that a coil has gone, so the breakdown guy is now on his way out to see if he can sort it out. ~Crosses fingers~

Sods law generally means if you praise something too much it is going to give you s**t!

80MPG BEEZA
well my car runs like a bag o s**t and makes so many noises its like a bad ochestra but meh who gives a flying monkey

LY V6 with Recaros
Ahh no, I'll stop praising my car now then I think! Hope you get it sorted.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Thanks guys.

Yeah Deb, sods law it'll f**k up if you praise it too much. I have learnt my lesson.

Timmay; It certainly does sound as if that is the case with mine too. Hopefully it isn't anything more sinister than that! Freaked the s**t out of me though as it was most unexpected. The noise, oh my god! :eek:

The breakdown guy surprised me too. He hadn't got a clue what was wrong with it. He even had us go and get my Haynes manual so he could work out how to get the engine cover off. WTF? Grrrrrrr.

Chocolate Bar™
sounds like an AA recovery service then.

i'm with them, and dreading it if i ever have to call them out.

Volvo S60 T5 asap
damn, better stop praising mine, as turbo's are expensive, as are any major parts on a DERV

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I'm actually quite glad to hear it is a common problem with the 1.6, at least it probably means it isn't anthing more sinister.

Middo; I am actually considering changing my breakdown cover next year to the AA. I haven't exactly had a good experience with the people I am with at the moment. At least the AA normally do a diagnostic at the roadside before they decide to tow it to a garage if they can't fix it. That is a darn sight more than I got this morning with my company. Grrrrr.

Mini Cooper S sport
Hmmm, when they do go wrong, it does tend to be spectacularly. Hope it's not too expensive to fix..or is it under warranty?

Mine's finally just about sorted now the alloy's been refurbed, although it's chipped already after ONE day because there was a bit of dust or something stuck to it which I picked off and a chunk of lacquer came with it *cry*.

This car's cost me SO much time and money since I bought it; leaking washerjet, scraped bumper, keyed, alternator went, tyre blew - kerbing the alloy and the CD player broke. b*****d thing.